1st Canopian Lancers
|First Canopian Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Canopian Lancers|
The First Canopian Lancers was one of a wave of new regiments created by the Magistracy Armed Forces in 3114 as the Magistracy of Canopus expanded its military. The First was one of the first new regiments to form up, and was modelled on the Tau Ceti Lancers; the First was built around three mixed battalions, each consisting of fast medium and heavy BattleMechs, hovercraft and VTOLs augmented by fast-moving battle armor.
The Dark Age
In the mid-thirty-second century the First Lancers were deployed in support of Capellan Confederation operations against the Republic of the Sphere. In 3145 the First were deployed on the former Republic world of Acamar and were responsible for protecting the large-scale mining operations extracting metals such as gold, platinum and titanium vital to defense manufacturers in the Magistracy and Confederation.
First Canopian Lancers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Valeria Centrella-Tompkins
- At this point in time the First were operating at five percent below full strength.
- The First Canopian Lancers have the Overrun Combat special ability.
- The First Canopian Lancers have the Off-Map Movement special ability.
- The First Canopian Lancers are a highly-mobile unit favouring lighter units; when randomly determining the composition of a First Lancers force a -2 modifier is applied when generating units.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 192, "First Canopian Lancers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Canopian Lancers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 210, "Magistracy of Canopus"