1st Cateran Cluster (Escorpión Imperio)
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|1st Cateran Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3086)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
Clan Goliath Scorpion
The First Cateran Cluster was the special forces unit of Clan Goliath Scorpion, composed of the best warriors from all branches of the touman. Famed for its unique Trinaries, the Heartvenom Cluster helped to train Wolf's Dragoons in 3001 before the Dragoons left for the Inner Sphere. The unit would test the Dragoons for over two years, basing their training on original SLDF manuals and holovids, until the Dragoons became good enough to challenge any frontline Clan unit. Impressed by this result, Clan Wolf fought and won a Trial of Possession for the First Cateran's commanding officer, and after adopting him into their ranks allowed him to mold their 4th Striker Cluster and Epsilon Galaxy after Scorpion fighting methods.
In the Trials of Position for Operation REVIVAL, the First Cateran Cluster won against Clan Ice Hellion but lost to Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Diamond Shark. As of 3061, the First Cateran was responsible for field-testing the Undine Battle Armor. Later in 3067 the unit garrisoned the world of Dagda.
The Wars of Reaving
The Cluster along with the rest of Beta Galaxy was ordered to Foster in June 3073 along with the remnant of the Gamma Galaxy and the bulk of the Clan's fleet. In system were forces of Clan Steel Viper. A Trial of Possession was launched for two of the Viper holdings and the Scorpions were granted Safcon. The trials were fought honorably, but the killing of the Viper's commanding officer sparked all out fighting with no quarter given. The First Cateran Cluster were ordered to assault Firebase Nu, supported by the Third Scorpion Cuirassiers. The battle ended when the Scorpions called in orbital bombardment against the Viper positions.
In June 3074 the Cluster was re-equipped with inferior 'Mechs and vehicles taken from an ancient weapons cache discovered on Waypoint 531. A Trinary was then sent on a reconnaissance mission to Cordoba. For three weeks it gathered intelligence from intercepted radio transmissions before landing on the planet. The Trinary split up and conducted a series of successful raids capturing Umayyad command personnel to interrogate. 
The Cluster was defending Hector when a force from Clan Cloud Cobra attacked in December 3078. In the defence of the Bright Ledge genetic research facility the Cluster fought off two assaults that saw brutal fighting. A wayward missile salvo destroyed the main bridge that the Cobras were crossing sending half of the Seventy-third Cobra Guard to their deaths in the ravine below. The Cobras proclaimed the Scorpions dezgra for this action and crushed the remaining Cateran warriors. The survivors were pulled back to Roche in 3079. 
As a special forces unit, the First Cateran Cluster favored precision and surgical strikes instead of brute strength, although their warriors also had a reputation for reckless behavior. Their unique Cateran Cluster formation gave the unit its special blend of firepower and quickness.
- CO: Star Colonel Gunnar Myers
First Cateran Cluster (Elite)
- CO: Star Colonel Stefan Taney
- - In 3086 the Cluster was at one-fifth of full strength. 
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 106, "Seeking the Past"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 112, "1st Cateran Cluster Profile"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 15
- Field Manual: Update, p. 78, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p.124 "Scorpion Gambit"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 130, "The Goliath Deception"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 157-158, "Escorpión Imperio (Periphery Nation)"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 20
- Wars of Reaving, p. 160-161, "Imperio Militar del Escorpión (as of 3086)"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 108, "Military Organization"