1st Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|1st Free Worlds Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||The Eagles of Atreus|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds Legionnaires|
The First Free Worlds Legionnaires were formed in 3042 from veterans of the Defenders of Andurien and the Marik Guard. Six months later, they fought off a Federated Commonwealth raid on Suzano by the Fifth Syrtis Fusiliers. Using offense in a situation that typically called for defense threw the FedCom unit off guard and forced them to retreat off planet.
Known for their hatred of the Capellan Confederation, the First Free Worlds Legionnaires quickly struck several Capellan worlds. After the Free Worlds League dissolved, the Legionnaires joined the Duchy of Andurien. After reorganizing as the First Andurien Rangers they raided Principia and repelled an attack on Andurien by the 2nd Oriente Hussars. In 3079, they remained on Atreus as the garrisoning force.
As with their defense of Suzano, the Eagles prefer to stay on the offensive. The specialize in quick raids and flanking.
1st Free Worlds Legionnaires (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: General Philip Ortega
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Martin Honnifer
- XO: Lieutenant Colonel Roger Allenburg
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Steven Humphreys
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Bronson Lebeaux
- Wing Commander: Commodore Wilerby Rosslyn
1st Legionnaires Armor Regiment (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Alison Dainty
- Troop Commander: Colonel Mitchell Bradley
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 36, "1st Free Worlds Legionnaires Unit Profile"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 12