1st French Regiment
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|1st French Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2779)|
|Parent Formation||LVI Corps|
The First French Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The First French Regiment was formed from the First Foreign Cavalry Regiment of the French Foreign Legion. The unit was founded in 1921 and fought in every war on Terra until the Second Soviet Civil War. After that it was sent off-world to garrison French-speaking colonies.
In 2765 it was part of a force that landed on New Vandenberg in an effort to curtail growing anti-League sentiment. However, a squad from the regiment was killed in a running battle with a platoon from the local militia regiment. The regiment's commander, not wanting to jeopardize ongoing negotiations, refused to retaliate. The local militia, fearing a reprisal attack, launched their own assault, and the resulting Battle of Fort Gorki would lead to the New Vandenberg Uprising. Though it would survive the uprising, the First was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
In 2764 the commanding officer of the First French was Lieutenant General Dominique Petain. Petain was a close friend of Aleksandr Kerensky, and was later cleared of any wrong doing in the Battle of Fort Gorki.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 224
- The Star League, p. 77
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth"