1st Galatean Defense Force
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|First Galatean Defense Force|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Galatean Defense Force|
The Galatean Defense Force came into being in 3144 as a result of the invasion of Galatea by Clan Jade Falcon, born in December 3144 from the many independent mercenary units that fought alongside the Republic Remnant forces led by Damien Redburn.
The units that merged to form the First Galatean Defense Force ranged in size from a single lance up to a full battalion in size, and while the majority of the various units had never worked together, Hansen's Roughriders spent two months working and training with the First and her sister regiment, the Second Galatean Defense Force, helping to forge unified units from the disparate elements.
As a consequence of the manner in which the First formed it was a BattleMech-heavy unit, and of those 'Mechs, the majority were either heavy or assault-class 'Mechs designed for engaging opponents at range. Reinforcing the 'Mech elements of the First were smaller contingents of Combat Vehicles and an aerospace support group. Led by Colonel Zackary O'Gordon from the cockpit of his Trebaruna 'Mech, the First excelled at defensive actions, a strong contrast to the mobile, hit-and-run orientated tactical doctrine of the Second.
The First operated primarily as a defensive formation.
First Galatean Defense Force (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Zackary O'Gordon
- - At this point in time the First was operating at eighty percent of full strength and was stationed on Mizar.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 181, "Galatean Defense Force"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Unaligned/Uncontracted"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 211, "Mercenaries"