1st Gunzburg Armored Regiment
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|First Gunzburg Armored Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
The First Gunzburg Armored Regiment was a part of the Rasalhague KungsArmé (Royal Rasalhague Army), the military of the short-lived Free Rasalhague Republic, and was a part of the RRA military forces assigned to the Radstadt Province of the Republic. By 3050 the KungsArmé had thirty-two active armored regiments, and many received their baptism of fire in the Ronin War.
By the time Clan Wolf arrived in the Gunzburg system in December 3051, command of the forces in the Radstadt Province of the Republic had passed to General Tor Miraborg, having originally been the responsibility of Generalmajor Gunnar Mannerheim. Stationed on Gunzburg when the Wolves arrived were the Gunzburg Eagles, a BattleMech regiment, the First and Second Gunzburg Mechanized Infantry Regiments and the First Gunzburg Armored Regiment.
In the end, the First didn't end up battling Clan Wolf forces; as part of the internal politicking within Clan Wolf, Star Colonel Marcos Radick and Khan Natasha Kerensky engaged in a competitive bidding process that saw Kerensky ultimately bid just a single person to conquer Gunzburg - Phelan Kell. Kell was able to negotiate the surrender of Gunzburg with General Miraborg, and Gunzburg became a part of the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone.
As a KungsArmé tank regiment the First was equipped primarily with Hunters and Manticores, but also with a number of Behemoths, Demolishers and Schrek PPC Carriers. The Behemoths, Demolishers and PPC Carriers were a legacy of the early history of the KungsArmé, where General Christian Månsdottir negotiated with Aldis Industries of Terra on an initial procurement of a modest number of tanks, and ended up receiving many of the best tanks at bargain prices - complete with engineering support - in exchange for allowing Aldis to analyze the performance of their latest models.
- As a conventional unit from a state that only existed for a small period of time, it is unlikely that any additional information on the First Gunzburg Armored Regiment will be forthcoming.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 66
- 20 Year Update, p. 49, "Composition"