1st Magistracy Highlanders
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|First Magistracy Highlanders|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Long's Light Lancers|
|Parent Formation||Magistracy Highlanders|
The First Magistracy Highlanders were originally a mercenary unit that served the Magistracy for centuries. Originally known as Long's Light Lancers regiment of the Canopian Highlanders, the First Magistracy Highlanders regiment was created to reward the mercenary unit for its long and successful service, particularly their behavior in the Pirate's War.
Between 3057 and 3058 pirate activity was at an all-time high, and in 3058 the planetary governors of Gambilon, Palladix, and Marantha were killed while the Lancers were en route to the system. The citizens of Gambilon were rioting in the streets, motivated by fear over the ability of the pirates to kill highly guarded government officials. The Lancers commander, Colonel Daniel Hale, declared martial law over the world, enforced a curfew, and appeared twice a day on all broadcast media. His calm demeanor helped restore order and allowed the defenders of Gambilon to repulse pirate raids shortly thereafter.
In 3062 the Lancers had officially been named the First Magistracy Highlanders, and struck into the Marian Hegemony with Lockhardt's Ironsides. These punitive strikes were the Magistracy's way of notifying the Hegemony that their support of pirate activities against the Magistracy wouldn't pass without challenge.
Fronc Reaches Deployment
The 1st Magistracy and its sister unit have been stationed on Detroit since 3063. While defending the Detroit Consolidated MechWorks, the unit has fought off numerous pirate raids. The First's presence on the planet has made it a de facto member of the Magistracy of Canopus.
The First Magistracy Highlanders saw limited action during the Jihad. By 3079 they had been reduced to 70% of their pre-Jihad strength. At this time they were also split into two battalion sized units and based on Fanardir and Early Dawn. After repelling a Word of Blake attack during the Jihad, the First spent most of its time defending against pirates, rogue mercenaries, and renegade Blakists. Acting in a supporting role, the First supported the Canopian-Capellan task force that liberated the Magistracy.
The Dark Age
After the Jihad ended, the First Magistracy Highlanders moved to the Magistracy/Free Worlds League border. There they repelled several attacks by former Free Worlds planets. In 3083 the Highlanders executed a raid on Eleusis, and the defending militia units almost destroyed a Union-class DropShip. Fortunately this didn't happen. The First Highlanders returned to Bethonolog.
In 3101 the Highlanders absorbed the few survivors of the Canopian Highlanders; the former mercenary unit had joined the Magistracy Highlanders brigade around the end of the Jihad, but in 3101 were effectively destroyed as a unit by a pirate band that raided Cate's Hold, hitting the Canopian Highlanders with a nuclear weapon in the process. In 3108 the First Highlanders engaged a bandit force on Bethonolog. They destroyed one 'Mech, crippled a second, and the remaining two surrendered.
By the mid-thirty-second century the First Magistracy Highlanders were stationed on the worlds of Gambilon and Palladix, defending the worlds from raids and attacks launched by the Marian Hegemony and various factions from the former Free Worlds League. After a raid in 3144 by the Hegemony captured more than a thousand civilians from the world of Ballad II the Highlanders were ordered to raid into the Hegemony in retaliation; the Highlanders spent almost a year operating independently, culminating in the unit destroying the slaver operation on Baccalieu responsible for the raid and freeing the captured Magistracy citizens.
These unit specializes in pirate hunting, striking swiftly and leaving no time for their enemies to react.
- CO: Colonel Daniel Hale
- 2nd Battalion: Major Daniel Mitic
- 3rd Battalion: Major Arthur Lynn
1st Highlander Infantry Guard (1 Battalion/Veteran Reliable/)
- Infantry Commander: Major Jessie Starks
First Magistracy Highlanders (1 Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Ronald Price
First Highlanders Infantry Guard (1 Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major Jessie Starks
First Magistracy Highlanders (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Masami Hayashi
First Highlander Infantry Guard (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Jessie Starks
First Magistracy Highlanders (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Jacob Kennedy
First Highlanders Infantry Guard (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Ernesto McKenzie
- - At this point in time the Highlanders were operating at eighty percent of full strength.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 40, "1st Magistracy Highlanders Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 191, "Magistracy Highlanders parent formation profile".
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 10
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 139
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 193, "Magistracy Highlanders"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 36
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 201, "MAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 149, "MAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 201, "Magistracy Highlanders"