1st Marik Protectors
|First Marik Protectors|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Marik Protectors|
The First Marik Protectors were formed in 3079 after the dissolution of the Free Worlds League. Formerly the 10th Marik Militia, the unit founded as a mercenary force that protected former League systems. They hired themselves out at low rates, allowing these independent systems to have protection they would otherwise lack. They retained the insignia of their former unit, and modified their name to reflect their new baseworld. In 3085 they were based on Kendall.
Increasing pressure on Kendall forced the unit to move to Kearny. Despite having a single 'Mech battalion, the unit maintains a brigade of armor and a brigade of infantry. This allows the First to focus on the defensive tactics often needed by independent systems.
The First specialized in defensive tactics.
- CO: Force Commander Yoshio Kawamura
First Marik Aerospace Wing (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Captain Trevor Tod
First Marik Armor Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Sasho Whittle
First Marik Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Emil Nunes
First Marik Protectors (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Neva Blackwell
First Marik Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Ofelia Cook
First Marik Heavy Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Rachael Conley
First Marik Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Sara Everett
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 90
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 93, "Independent Commands"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 114
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Independent Commands"