1st Night Stalkers
|1st Night Stalkers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3034)|
|Parent Formation||Night Stalkers|
Formed by Colonel Lloyd McGavin, after he was forced to retire from the DCMS. He went to private concerns and raised money to form two regiments. He filled the unit with retired MechWarriors like himself and failed MechWarrior graduates.
The unit became known for its raid tactics, utlizing Light BattleMechs. However, due to the colonel's affection for his men, he would not use risky tactics which he believed couldn't work. This upset a number of officers and the Coordinator, whom split the regiment's two brigades from each other. Also, the Coordinator made so limited supplies would be sent to the two units as part of their punishment for disobeying orders.
At the outbreak of the Fourth Succession War McGavin's Regiment where assigned to the border world of Basiliano. The planet was invaded by the 24th & 25th Arcturan Guards with assistance of Blackhearts mercenary unit. After fighting a losing battle for more than three weeks agains invading Lyran forces the Night Stalkers where forced to evacuate the planet at a cost of an entire Company of Heavy 'Mechs.
Specialized using Light 'Mechs hit-and-run raiding.
McGavin's Regiment (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Lloyd McGavin
McGavin's Regiment (Regiment/Veteran/Questionble)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Night Stalker" brigade profile - Colonel won't risk his men doing stupid tactics and units are punished for it
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p 47
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 136
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Night Stalker" unit profile - Specialization notes
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139