1st Nova Cat Guards (Clan Nova Cat)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|1st Nova Cat Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||Hand of Fate|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The First Nova Cat Guards was one of the premier units of Clan Nova Cat.
The First Guards were formed shortly after the conclusion of Operation KLONDIKE. The Guards took great pride in their marksmanship, with experienced warriors able to place a shot anywhere they liked on an opponent. Some warriors of the Cluster claimed that this skill was the result of a vision.
During the preparatory Trials for Operation Revival, the First represented Clan Nova Cat. They lost to Clan Smoke Jaguar, but defeated Clan Star Adder and Clan Blood Spirit. They lost the last round to Clan Jade Falcon, but were able to earn status as a reserve Clan.
After facing the deceptive tactics of the Inner Sphere during the early battles of invasion, then saKhan Lucian Carns demonstrated he was not above using similar tactics, ordering the First Guards to masquerade as other lesser skilled units when attacking numerous worlds. 
The First Guards fought on the following worlds during the invasion:
Second Star League
After fighting on Luthien and Tukayyid, the First suffered heavy losses. They spent the next few years rebuilding. At the beginning of Operation Bulldog, most of the First was still on Capipare. They lost a Trial of Possession to the 1st Shin Legion, and became part of the Second Star League Defense Force. The 1st Guards would fight on Avon during Operation Bulldog. 
The First Nova Cat Guards were deployed to Stewart alongside the rest of Alpha Galaxy as a part of the Free Worlds League front of Operation SCOUR in May 3077. The 1st Guards moved to the capital city of New Edinburgh and engaged the defending Protectorate Militia units in a Trial of Annihilation.
In 3051 the commanding office was Star Colonel Gritas.
As of 3062 the commanding officer was Star Colonel Calvin Rosse. In an effort to stop the deceptive masquerades as other units which he saw as dishonorable, Rosse challenged and defeated former commander Kothinur Gritas just before Operation Bulldog. Prior to Calvin Rosse taking command, the First Guards were used extensively by saKhan Carns to train new Nova Cat commands in anti-Inner Sphere tactics. This was seen as solahma duty by many of the First's warriors, and stopping the practice as much as possible made Rosse very popular with the warriors under his command.
As of May 3077 the local media on Stewart identified the commander of the First Guards as a Star Colonel Kalvin Rosse; it isn't known if this is the same individual who commanded the First Guards in 3062 or a member of the same Bloodhouse with a similar first name.
Prior to the Second Star League, the 1st Nova Cat Guards had a reputation for masquerading as other less skilled and equipped units to throw its foes off balance. 
- Cluster Command Trinary (3 OmniFighter Stars)
- First Assault Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Second Battle Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Third Battle Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Fourth Elemental Trinary (3 Elemental Stars)
- Fifth Striker Trinary (3 OmniMech Stars)
- 5 Trinaries
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 20
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 15
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 116 "Clan Nova Cat - Alpha Galaxy: Victory over Delusion"
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), p. 118
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), p. 120
- Invading Clans (sourcebook), p. 116
- Era Report: 3062, pp. 65-66
- Total Chaos, p. 84
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 46, "Slaughter On Stewart"
- Invading Clans, p. 121
- Era Report: 3062, p. 66