1st Proserpina Hussars
|1st Proserpina Hussars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Proserpina Hussars|
The First Proserpina Hussars were one of the first units formed by Shiro Kurita. They actually pre-date the formation of the Draconis Combine, serving under Shiro as he conquered Benjamin and other important colony worlds. Originally an armor unit, the First Proserpina Hussars were equipped with BattleMechs when they joined the DCMS. Their early experience with planetary assaults continued, being well-suited to the Hussars. They were used to assault many systems that fell under the Dragon’s wings, rarely staying in place for longer than a month. Prior to the War of Davion Succession, the First Proserpina Hussars had their own JumpShips and even two WarShips (DCS Iwate and DCS Wakayama) assigned to support their operations.
The War of Davion Succession marked a turning point for the Hussars, however. The DCMS positioned the Hussars as defending forces and split them into battalion sized groups. The fighting on Junction, Proserpina, and Klathandu IV inflicted heavy losses on the Hussars as they had to trade their interstellar mobility for defensive fortifications. At the same time, the DCMS High Command reassigned the WarShips and several JumpShips the Hussars used for surveillance, leaving them vulnerable to AFFS strikes. The losses the Hussars suffered were still being rebuilt in 2750.
 4th Succession War
 Ronin Wars
 War of 3039
 Clan Invasion
The First Proserpina Hussars had a series of successes against the Smoke Jaguars. On Port Arthur, they managed to maneuver the Clan into a field of automated defense weaponry, inflicting heavy casualties, but were eventually forced to abandon the planet. After rebuilding, the First pulled off a series of raids against front-line Jaguar units. In 3057, a combined raid by the First and Third netted the unit an entire trinary of Clan OmniMechs as salvage. As of 3059, the First was stationed on Yumesta .
 Operation Bulldog
The First Proserpina Hussars were eager to fight the Smoke Jaguars, but the commanders assigned them to attack worlds held by Clan Nova Cat instead. They faced a hard fight on Kanowit, but took Mualang by winning a round of miniature golf. This obviously minimized further losses.
 Dominion War
 Federated Suns Incursion
During the Jihad the First Proserpina Hussars declared their support for the Black Dragon Society. They joined forces with the 15th Dieron Regulars, and took several planets in the Xinyang Prefecture. The 5th Sword of Light destroyed them on Baruun Urt around 3075. In response to the treachery espoused by the First, the Combine struck the regiment from DCMS rolls.
- 3050, The commanding officer was Tai-sa Jeong Moon Lee.
- 3059 to 3067, The unit was commanded by Tai-sa Alexander Minowa.
The First Proserpina excels at hit-and-run tactics, especially in open field engagements. Since the regiment is reinforced, the Fourth battalion is held in reserve and used to surprise the enemy as unexpected reinforcements.
 Composition History
The First Proserpina Hussars consisted of four battalions.
- CO: Tai-sa Jeong Moon Lee
1st Proserpina Hussars (Reinforced Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Alexander Minowa
- XO: Tai-sa Talon Cherynkov
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa LaRon Kohlmann
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Denise Larsen
- 4th Battalion: Chu-sa Therese Ahiromassu
- The unit fields 36 OmniMechs, many with captured Clan technology.
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Liu Kang
The Blackhearts (Two Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Kyle Black
- The medium command fight on their own when no other support is in range.
Proserpina Fast Motor Infantry (1 Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Obuho Natomi
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Era Report: 2750, p. 43
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 108, "1st Proserpina Hussars Profile"
- ↑ Field Manual: Draconis Combine p. 134, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 113
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 18
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 41
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 117
- ↑ MechWarrior, First Edition, p. 123
- ↑ House Kurita Sourcebook, p. 146
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p.41