1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy|
|Unit Profile (as of 3029)|
|Parent Formation||3rd Royal Guards|
This was temporary Lyran vehicle command specialized for water rich worlds during Fourth Succession War.
The unit first action was went it was deployed to continent of Sanjusendo on island of Lexham. From there the naval force was split up to cover the beach assault to two surrounding coastal peninsulas, Coloa and Yeloff. The Navy covered both attacks, Yeloff being a diversionary attack while primary forces moved to land on beaches of Coloa. After successful initial landing at the beaches, the navy would move along the southeastern coast transported two infantry regiments as the it conducted series of raids on coastal cities and facilities for supplies and destroyed military defenders.
As General Steiner's Third Royal Guard RCT fought their way to the capital across Sanjusendo to the capital, the Navy would arrive by December to encircle the city and blockade the city from further reinforcements.
During the later stages of the conflict, the tide would turn for the Lyran forces, they would be forced to withdraw from Buckminster by June 3029. It is unclear what happened to the First Provisional.
- 1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy (Combat Vehicle Regiment)
- Note: Consisting of Sea Skimmers, Monitors, and unspecified types of Hovercraft intended for transporting infantry.
- It is not clear when the formation was created formation or when it was retained within the Third Royal Guard RCT after it's retreat from Buckminster.
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, pp. 52-55 - "1st Provsional's actions during the early stages campaign of Fourth Succession War invasion of Buckminster".
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, pp. 72-73 - "Lyran campaign on Buckminster until their withdraw from the planet. PLWN not mentioned.".