1st Rasalhague Regulars
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|1st Rasalhague Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2750)|
|Nickname||The Alpha Ophiuchi Regulars|
|Parent Formation||Rasalhague Regulars|
The Founding of the 1st Rasalhague Regulars on Rasalhague in 2730 was something of a public relations coup for both the Draconis Combine and the DCMS. The 1st was modeled on the Striker-pattern regiments used by the SLDF and was based around light and medium 'Mechs, with organic AeroSpace Fighter support. The 1st contained a large proportion of 'Mechs designed by the Star League and produced either in the Combine or purchased as SLDF surplus, including a complete company of Land-Air 'Mechs produced by LexaTech Industries on Irece. The high technological standard of the 1st made it stand out among the ranks of DCMS units, particularly given the Combine's tendency to lag behind the neighboring Lyran Commonwealth in terms of military technological advancement.
The 1st is often held up as a model regiment that the other Rasalhague units should try to emulate. What is left unsaid is that most of the members of the 1st are not native residents of the Rasalhague Military District.
First Succession War
The 1st Rasalhague Regulars began the war stationed within the Richmond system. Unlike many other units, the First was able to survive the vicious fighting, though they took 82% losses, and returned to Richmond at the end of the war.
- Era Report: 2750, p. 43, "First Rasalhague Regulars"
- Field Report 2765: DCMS, pg.15, "Rasalhague Regulars"
- First Succession War, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 141, "First Rasalhague Regulars"