1st St. Ives Cheveau-Légers
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|1st St. Ives Cheveau-Légers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
The St. Ives Cheveau-Légers were formed shortly after the formation of the Capellan Confederation as a force that could be deployed outside of the St. Ives Commonality. By 2765 they held the distinction of participating in every conflict fought by the CCAF, and fighting against every state surrounding the Confederation. They were the garrison of Hurgh in 2765.
They first saw combat against the Free Worlds League on Lopez. They fought the Defenders of Andurien between 2366 and 2368. Though forced off Lopez the Cheveau Legers raided Mansu-ri and Dalton two years later, embarrassing the Marik defenders. They also defended Vanra against Marik raiders in 2450. The Legers then drove the Syrtis Fusiliers off Ogilvie in 2790. Between 2808 and 2816 they raided the Free Worlds League systems of Nova Roma, Holt, and Sorunda.
The Legers were surprised by a Federated Suns mercenary unit on Indicass in 2905. The Cheveau Legers responded by raiding a Syrtis Fusiliers camp three years later, capturing a Leopard-class DropShip and several 'Mechs. The Fusiliers responded by trapping the unit on Royalston in 2915. In the course of a two day engagement the AFFS unit inflicted huge casualties on the unit, forcing them to spend the next eighteen years rebuilding.
The Cheveau Legers were assigned to garrison Weekapaug and baited the AFFS forces stationed nearby, inviting them to try to take the world away from the CCAF. The Syrtis Fusiliers took the bait in 2950, and the two units spent the next three weeks engaged in a brutal slugfest. Between 2960 and the Fourth Succession War, the Cheveau Legers spent most of their time rotating between agricultural planets in the St. Ives Commonality.
During Operation Bulldog the St. Ives Cheveau Legers joined with the 8th Dieron Regulars, 1st Canopian Cuirassiers, and 11th Alshain Avengers to defend Meinacos from the Smoke Jaguar's 267th Battle Cluster. The Eighth Dieron drove into the 267th Cluster's flank, while the 11th Alshain distracted them and the Canopian Cuirassiers cut off the Clan unit's retreat.
After fighting against the Clans, the unit returned just in time for the opening battles of the Capellan-St. Ives War. After 2 years of fighting there was not enough left to rebuild the unit, so the survivors were distributed among the St. Ives Armored Cavalry to make up for battle losses elsewhere.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st St. Ives Cheveau Legers|
St. Ives Cheveau Legers (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Glaston Mitchall
- 1st Battalion: Major Cynthia Kerr
- 2nd Battalion: Major Roger Stark
- 3rd Battalion: Major Victor Strong
St. Ives Cheveau Legers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Cynthia Kerr
1st St. Ives Cheveau-Légers (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Sang-shao Yongjun Cui
275th Aerospace Wing (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Ursuline Trujillo
1st Char-Légers (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Jarib Hague
1st Ranger Regiment (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Bernice Berthold
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 14, "St. Ives Armored Cavalry" - Regimental Status
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 89, "St. Ives Cheveau Legers Unit Profile"
- The Dragon Roars, p. 41
- 20 Year Update, p. 29, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"