1st St. Ives Lancers
|First St. Ives Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Steadfast Alabaster (in 2765) |
|Parent Formation||St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
The First St. Ives Lancers are one of the more elite units of the CCAF.
The First St. Ives Lancers were raised as a part of the St. Ives Mercantile Association's army. They formed the core of the St. Ives Lancers brigade from their inception. Once the Mercantile Association joined the Capellan Confederation their skill and tactical acumen quickly made them a highly valued part of the CCAF. The Lancers were primarily drawn from the household guards of the St. Ives Commonality, and they never wanted for supplies or equipment. The First typically received the most skilled MechWarriors. In the Star League Era they rarely operated outside their Commonality. In 2765 they were stationed on Atlas.
Succession War era
The First Lancers were almost destroyed twice during the early Succession Wars - first in the defense of Bethel against the Syrtis Fusiliers in 2760 and again during the defense of Spica against the Ceti Hussars in 2857. The unit also had a number of notable achievements during this period - the First Lancers' Crusaders were involved in a highly successful diversion raid against Redfield in 2832, and the unit's destruction of six Davion Marauders without suffering any losses during the occupation of Mira.
The First Lancer's service as one of the most decorated units within the Capellan Armed Forces continued during the final decades of the Third Succession War, with the Lancers capturing a valuable Marik DropShip during the attempted invasion of Wei in 3001, followed by the command assisting Wilson's Hussars in successfully repulsing a concerted Davion attack against Highspire in 3012. 
This string of victories was tarnished when the First St. Ives Lancers were called upon to defend their own homeworld of St. Ives against the Avalon Hussars in 3014. While the unit was successfully able to drive off the Davion invaders with little damage to the planet's industrial assets, the First Lancers suffered horrendous losses after the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns eliminated the Capellan air cover early in the engagement, the Lancers losing more than half their men and equipment to the Avalon Hussars' Griffins. As of 3025 the rebuilding command was licking its wounds, eager for another round with the forces of House Davion. 
War of 3039
The 1st Lancers was the Compact's first choice for Task Force Serpent, the reborn Star League's assault on the Clan Smoke Jaguar homeworld of Huntress, but it was deemed more important to keep the 1st and its commander Kai Allard-Liao visible in the Inner Sphere.
Xin Sheng Campaign
During the Xin Sheng Campaign, the First Lancers spent a lot of time raiding the Capellan Confederation. Five years of fighting wouldn't have been possible except the First took the time to establish a strong support network that kept them in the fight.
FedCom Civil War
Kai Allard-Liao took a battalion of the First Lancers to meet Victor Steiner-Davion on Thorin and assisted him in deposing his sister. The Lancers fought on Tikonov and New Avalon. Once the fighting had concluded they served as the garrison unit for Tikonov until the permanent garrison arrived.
The First fought against the AFFS forces deployed in Operation Sovereign Justice. Due to those actions they weren't present on St. Ives when the Word of Blake struck, but they later raided Zion and Genoa in retaliation.
In 3081 the First was ordered to attack Genoa. After driving away the Dragonfang Cluster, the unit received orders to attack Terra Firma. Kai Allard-Liao refused the order because Terra Firma had never been part of the Capellan Confederation. The soldiers under his command mutinied against him, and he barely escaped with the help of a few loyal troops. This betrayal by their leader and the need to fight their comrades led the First Lancers to a low and bitter morale. The Strategios has implemented plans to rebuild the unit on St. Ives.
The First has rarely seen combat since it's last major combat operation, capturing Kittery during the Victoria War. This has resulted in other then sporadic offensive actions against the RAF and AFFS over the past decade, they have largely stayed on their home of St. Ives.
Known for being very mobile, despite fielding large numbers of heavy and assault elements.
First St. Ives Lancers (Elite/Fanatical))
- CO: Colonel Simone Devon
- 1st Battalion: Major Jason Vinn
- 2nd Battalion: Major Caroline Seng
- 3rd Battalion: Major Zana Nestor
- CO: Colonel Caroline Seng
- CO: Sang-shao Tristan Bothel
- XO/1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Shiko Lee-Wong
- 2nd Battalion : Sao-shao Stephan Czaban
- 3rd Battalion: Sao-shao Valera Tulski
- Wing Commander: Kong-sao-shao Xian McCallister
First Lancers Armored Command (1 Regiment/Veteran/Questionable (Fanatical))
- Fourth Armored Lancers - Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Daniel Vong
- Fifth Armored Lancers - Armor Commander: Sao-shao Latimer St. Reginald
- Thirty-third Armored Lancers - Armor Commander: Sao-shao Kieran Daniels
Twelfth Armored Grenadiers (1 Battalion/Veteran/Questionabel (Fanatical)
- Troop Commander: Rebecca Chong
- Formerly a Reinforced Regiment, now reduced to a understrenght Battalion
First St. Ives Lancers (Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Jiang-jun Kai Allard-Liao
First Air Lancers (Wing/Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Sao-shao Xian McCallister
First Lancers Armor Brigade (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Zhong-shao James Ruckson
Twelfth Armored Grenadiers (Regiment/Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Tabitha Worrant
First St Ives Lancers (1 Battalion/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Rebecca Ling
1st St. Ives Lancers (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Mingyan He-Liao
1st Air Lancers (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Vaughan Mahaffey
85th Armored Lancers (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao Margette Debeiro
12th Armored Grenadiers (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Mordwywr McCulloch
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 14
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 18
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) p. 88, "Unit Profile"
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 9
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 104, "1st St. Ives Lancers Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 29
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 25
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 37, "St. Ives Armored Cavalry - First St. Ives Lancers"
- 20 Year Update, p. 29, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 43, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "CCAF Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Twilight of the Clans