1st Striker Payne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|1st Striker Payne|
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
|Nickname||The Fire Dancers|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant|
In 3066 Kindraa Beyl-Grant challenged for the position of saKhan within the Clan in an attempt to bring more Warden causes before the Clan Council. Kindraa Sainze, holder of the office, was infuriated and struck at the Beyl-Grant with three Clusters. The fighting was fierce and Beyl-Grant stood a good chance of being annihilated but Kindraa Payne and Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga intervened and forced the Sainze warriors to withdraw. The First survived this conflict to form part of the new Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant.
The First Striker Payne was to only unit of the Payne Kindraa to be active for the new Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant. In 3069 the Kindraa launched a series of Trials of Possession for various Coyote holdings on Shadow and the Savage Coyote factory on Foster. Despite outnumbering the Coyotes nearly two-to-one the Kindraa could not force the Coyotes off of Shadow. The fighting was both on the planet and in the surround space. The Reaver broke zellbrigen when it exchanging a broadside with the Coyotes’ Windrunner, that was not part of bid. The Coyotes declared the Kindraa forces dezgra and wiped out the Seventeenth Auxiliary and First Striker Payne Clusters.
The cluster used it fast trinaries to wear down units pulling away screening formations. Then hit the main body with it heavy-hitting trinaries. 
First Striker Payne - Elite/Questionable 
- 5 Trinaries, includes:
First Striker Payne - Elite/Reliable 
- 80% full strength with 85% of the force equipped with OmniMechs
- 1 Trinary had been equipped as a mixed BattleMech and Vehicle formation.
All 'Mechs are OmniMechs prior to 3066. They gain a +1 initiative bonus verses Crusader opponents and +2 verses Kindraa Sainze.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 42
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 39
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 48, "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174