1st Syrtis Fusiliers
|First Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Syrtis Fusiliers|
 Early History
The First Syrtis Fusiliers had relatively humble beginnings on New Syrtis; the regiment began as an ad-hoc unit comprised of workers from various mining and drilling operations owned by the Hasek family. The unit was initially raised to protect the various work sites from those looking to raid the various claims and from competing companies.
The Fusiliers became the private guard and personal army of the Hasek family, with their star rising alongside that of the Hasek family and New Syrtis; the Syrtis Fusiliers expanded, and as time progressed the brigade became the official guard of New Syrtis and then the perhaps the most important military command within the Capellan March Principality of the Federated Suns.
 Davion Civil War
The bulk of the Syrtis Fusiliers brigade supported Prince David Varnay and his wife Cassandra Davion loyally throughout the Davion Civil War, opposing first the combined forces of Laura Davion and Nikolai Rostov and then First Prince Alexander Davion. At the end of the war Prince Alexander offered an amnesty to the survivors from the brigade, and reintegrated the Syrtis Fusiliers into the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, the restructured military that replaced the Federated Peacekeeping Forces as the state military of the Federated Suns.
Alexander's clemency towards the Syrtis Fusiliers and his subsequent actions in rebuffing the attempt by Richard Varnay to seize control of the Capellan March cemented the Fusiliers' loyalty to New Avalon and the wider Federated Suns.
 The Star League
The First Syrtis Fusiliers served the Federated Suns well in the two centuries following the Davion Civil War; when the Star League council issued the Council Edict of 2650, sharply limiting the size of the military each Great House was allowed to maintain, the First and her sister regiments were left untouched. The brigade would remain ten regiments strong until shortly after the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650. Four centuries after the antecedants of the First were brought together as a unit, the First would continue to revel in the rough-and-tumble origins of those miners and drillers and bear the nickname "The Roughnecks" with pride.
 The Dark Age
The modern First Syrtis Fusiliers were formed in mid-3079, a product of the rebuilding of the AFFS, although their formation owes much to the persuasion applied by New Avalon to Field Marshal Nathaniel Hasek to persuade him to stop attempts to rebuild the various Syrtis Fusilier units as RCTs and instead embrace the LCT concept. Stationed on Taygeta, by August the Fusiliers' equipment and personnel were mostly in place, although the unit was still shaking itself down. Despite the rapid construction process the Fusiliers underwent, they were soon expected to reach regular combat status thanks to intensive training with the Davion Assault Guards.
Despite being newly formed, the Fusiliers would soon see combat; when Operation MATADOR, the Federated Suns counter-offensive against the Taurian Concordat began in May 3080, the Fusiliers were on the front lines. The Fusiliers took part in a lightning combat drop on the world of Flintoft alongside the Assault Guards, one of nine worlds being attacked by AFFS forces; together with the Guards the Fusiliers established and secured a beachhead to allow conventional forces to land on the planet.
In 3144 the First Syrtis Fusiliers were stationed on Avigait before being forced off-world by the Dynasty Guards. The First Syrtis Fusiliers took heavy damage from the Dynasty Guards, including the loss of their headquarters unit. Half their 'Mechs were destroyed before battle armor and conventional vehicle support arrived and allowed them to disengage from the Guards. The survivors took up station on Frazer.
When the First Syrtis Fusiliers formed, many of the unit's personnel were drawn in from Capellan March personnel stationed in non-March units. The unit CO is an example of this; Major Francois Wang was promoted two ranks when she was posted from the Heavy Guards to command the Fusiliers.
 Star League Era
The First Syrtis Fusiliers preferred close-in fighting - something that was considered to be a legacy of the unit's beginnings - and the MechWarriors of the First trained extensively in hand-to-hand combat and 'Mech-to-'Mech melee combat.
 Composition History
First Syrtis Fusiliers (Elite/Reliable).
- - At This point in time the First were stationed on New Syrtis.
First Syrtis Fusiliers
- - The First Syrtis Fusiliers are an LCT at full strength and 90% of their equipment features upgraded technology.
First Syrtis Fusiliers LCT (Green/Regular)
- CO: Leftenant General Wallace Hasek-Cole
- - The 1st Fusiliers were at 75% of full strength, but 90% of their equipment had been upgraded.
First Syrtis Fusiliers Aerospace Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- - Less well manned and equipped than the BattleMech formation within the LCT, the AeroSpace Brigade was at 65% of full strength with only 45% of the Brigade's equipment having been upgraded.
First Syrtis Fusiliers Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Lourdes Bertrand
- - The most experienced element of the LCT at this point in time, the Armor Brigade was at 60% of full strength but 75% of their equipment had been upgraded.
First Syrtis Fusiliers Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Bernie Moreau
- - The most heavily understrength element of the LCT, the Infantry Brigade was at just half strength in 3085.
First Syrtis Fusiliers LCT (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Albert Gullam
First Syrtis Fusiliers Aerospace Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Commodore Hugh Terry
First Syrtis Fusiliers Armor Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Meredith Webster
First Syrtis Fusiliers Infantry Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Leftenant General Alexis Torgersen
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 18, "Syrtis Fusiliers"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Field Report: AFFS, p. 15, "Syrtis Brigades"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "Bearding The Bull"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Field Manual: 3085', p. 70, "Sirdar PDZ (Sirdar Command)"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 50
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 34
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 78
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 46
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 78
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Field Manual: 3145, p. 90, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 19, "Regimental Status"