1st Syrtis Fusiliers
|1st Syrtis Fusiliers LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Syrtis Fusiliers|
The modern 1st Syrtis Fusiliers were formed in mid-3079, a product of the rebuilding of the AFFS, although their formation owes much to the persuasion applied by New Avalon to Field Marshal Nathaniel Hasek to persuade him to stop attempts to rebuild the various Syrtis Fusilier units as RCTs and instead embrace the LCT concept. Stationed on Taygeta, by August the Fusiliers' equipment and personnel were mostly in place, although the unit was still shaking itself down. Despite the rapid construction process the Fusiliers underwent, they were soon expected to reach regular combat status thanks to intensive training with the Davion Assault Guards.
Despite being newly formed, the Fusiliers would soon see combat; when Operation MATADOR, the Federated Suns counter-offensive against the Taurian Concordat began in May 3080, the Fusiliers were on the front lines. The Fusiliers took part in a lightning combat drop on the world of Flintoft alongside the Assault Guards, one of nine worlds being attacked by AFFS forces; together with the Guards the Fusiliers established and secured a beachhead to allow conventional forces to land on the planet.
In 3144 the First Syrtis Fusiliers were stationed on Avigait before being forced off-world by the Dynasty Guards. The First Syrtis Fusiliers took heavy damage from the Dynasty Guards, including the loss of their headquarters unit. The survivors took up station on Frazer.
When the 1st Syrtis Fusiliers formed, many of the unit's personnel were drawn in from Capellan March personnel stationed in non-March units. The unit CO is an example of this; Major Francois Wang was promoted two ranks when she was posted from the Heavy Guards to command the Fusiliers.
 Composition History
1st Syrtis Fusiliers LCT (Green/Regular)
- CO: Leftenant General Wallace Hasek-Cole
- - The 1st Fusiliers were at 75% of full strength, but 90% of their equipment had been upgraded.
1st Syrtis Fusiliers Aerospace Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- - Less well manned and equipped than the BattleMech formation within the LCT, the AeroSpace Brigade was at 65% of full strength with only 45% of the Brigade's equipment having been upgraded.
1st Syrtis Fusiliers Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Lourdes Bertrand
- - The most experienced element of the LCT at this point in time, the Armor Brigade was at 60% of full strength but 75% of their equipment had been upgraded.
1st Syrtis Fusiliers Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Bernie Moreau
- - The most heavily understrength element of the LCT, the Infantry Brigade was at just half strength in 3085.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Field Report: AFFS, p. 15, "Syrtis Brigades"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "Bearding The Bull"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Field Manual: 3085', p. 70, "Sirdar PDZ (Sirdar Command)"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 50
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 34
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 46