209th Light Horse Regiment
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|209th Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||X Corps|
The Two Hundred Ninth Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The 209th Light Horse was configured as a bandit raiding force. They would conduct "raids" on at least four Hegemony systems every year, providing training opportunities for the system defenders. As these defenders were largely made up of reserve troops, the training proved vital.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the X Corps, First Army, to the Terran Military Region and then transferred to District 1 of the Free Worlds League Military Region by 2765, to take part in the New Vandenberg Uprising.The 209th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment the 209th would have been composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering in addition to any regular 'Mechs within the regiment.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 40
- The Star League, p. 140, "First"
- The Star League, p. 133