20th Royal CAAN Marine Regiment
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|20th Royal CAAN Marine Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Saipan Regiment|
|Parent Formation||XVIII Corps|
The Twentieth Royal CAAN Marine Regiment was formed on Titan in order to fight underwater, on floating cities, and underground. Shortly before their first SLDF deployment in 2582 a Locust assigned to the unit broke the land speed record, using Titan's low gravity to hit a top speed of 1005 kilometers an hour. The 'Mech's legs were destroyed, but this record would stand well into the 31st century.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XVIII Corps, Ninth Army, to District 2 of the Free Worlds League Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The Twentieth was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
The Twentieth Royal CAAN Regiment was well known for its urban warfare skills.
When a scenario where at least half of the mapsheets are found on the Light Urban or Heavy Urban terrain tables the 20th CAAN gains a -1 modifier to their Initiative roll. When moving into or out of a building, units of the 20th CAAN receive and inflict one less point of damage than normal.
- Era Report: 2750, p. 58
- The Star League, p. 142, "Ninth"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 143