211th Division (ComStar)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|211th Division IV-phi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Martial's Hunters|
|Parent Formation||1st Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's assumed)|
Immediately prior to the Clan Invasion, the green ranked 211th Division, a IV-Phi mix referred to by the nickname of The Gray Backs, was assigned to the First Army and was headquartered on the Draconis Combine world of New Samarkand. Along with the rest of the First Army, the 211th was among the primary defenders against Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid. The Bear's Beta Galaxy suffered hit-and-run attacks constantly to their marginal victory taking the outskirts of Luk, resulting in the decimation of the 211th. 
Like many Com Guard Divisions, the now veteran rated 211th Division chose a new nickname after their efforts on Tukayyid, calling itself The Martial's Hunters, transferring its headquarters to the Benjamin Military District capital of Benjamin.  The 211st had the smallest proportion of BattleMechs among the divisions of the post-Tukayyid 1st Årmy, in 3062 it boasted a grand total of 35 scattered across its six Level-IIIs, combat vehicles and infantry better suited to the division's widespread deployment. Also in contrast to the other divisions of the post-Tukayyid 1st Army, the elements of 211st were posted to a very large number of HPG station, save for a single Level-III on Benjamin most were generally divided into single Level II formations. 
With many of these garrison sites little more than hardship postings, the 211th's CO had to work very hard to maintain the division's morale and veteran rating, rotating troops between assignments constantly with few warriors remaining at any one posting longer than six months.  In the wake of the Combine-Ghost Bear War, the 211st received a substantial influx of new material. While mainly receiving additional combat vehicles, the division also received an series of brand new BattleMech designs which brought its total up 60 'Mechs. Even with this largess, the 211th still boasted the smallest volume of 'Mechs in the 1st Army as well its widely scattered deployment. 
The 211th Division can't fight large engagements because the unit has a high troops turn over. 
- Empire Builders Ill-phi: Demi-Precentor II Terry Brinkman
- Clanbusters lll-tau: Demi-Precentor IV Nathan Camras
- Quick Dispatch lll-psi: Demi-Precentor VI Erin Ellis
- The Bear Trap lll-sigma: Demi-Precentor IX David Greenfielc
- Limitless Valor Ill-phi: Demi Precentor X Anne Rizzuto
- Blake's Knights III omega: Demi-Precentor VIII DorothyTomek
- The 211th's insignia is the silhouette of a gun dog pointing at its prey. 
- 20-Year Update, p. 70 "1st V-iota"
- Tukayyid, pp. 48 "Campaign: Clan Ghost Bear"
- ComStar, p. 84, "1st Army V-kappa (The Bear Maulers, Dieron Theater, from 1 to 2 on the "Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 21, "1st Army V-Kappa: The Bear Maulers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 84, "1st Army V-Kappa (The Bear Maulers)"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "1st Army V-Kappa (The Bear Maulers)"
- Field Manual: Comstar, p .137