214th Jaguar Dragoons (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
|214th Jaguar Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 3057)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The 214th Jaguar Dragoons was a front line military formation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The 214th fought on the following worlds during the invasion of the Inner Sphere:
- Chupadero - In May 3050 the Dragoons launched their assault against the planet. Their Aerospace Trinary quickly gained air superiority over the defending Fighter Wing allowing the First Assault Trinary to smash the defending Frist Chupadero Armored Legion's armor regiment and two mobile infantry regiments in the Dale Valley; forcing them to take shelter in the Billoc Tunnels, however the Trinary followed them inside and finished them off. 
- Kabah - The defending Kabah Knights were defeated on the Jousting Grounds of the Palace by Alpha and Beta Stars of the Second Assault Trinary in June 3050, only three knights survived to become bondsmen. Civilians on the planet attempted a guerilla campaign in the same month to little effect, but a number of Smoke Jaguar warriors proved vulnerable to a hemorragic fever native to the planet. The population of the planet had developed a natural resistance to the disease that the Smoke Jaguar warriors lacked; the casualties included almost an entire Point of Elementals located near Sayil.
In November 3051 the Nova Cat Fifteenth Garrison Cluster was on route to Chupadero. Star Colonel Attwater issued a Batchall to take the planet which the Jaguar commander is alleged to have ignored and left the planet weeks before the arrival of the Fifteenth. The Nova Cats held a grudge for many years thinking this was a slight to their honor, however it is more likely that the Dragoons had already been ordered off planet as they were set to attack Avon the same month.
- Avon - The defending 2nd Amphigean Legion opted for a guerilla campaign. The 214th Dragoons sent out head-hunters to eliminate the Amphigean command following it with a crushing assault that saw the Legion wiped out.
In August 3057 the Nova Cat Fifteenth Garrison Cluster launched a raid against the Dragoons' supply depot on Kabah, in an act they saw as revenge for the lack of honor shown to them on Chupadero six years earlier.
- Star Captain Wesley Moon 30??-3052 - First Trinary Assault.
- One of the sub-units of the 214th, identified only as Epsilon Point, was known to be led by Point Commander Kenneth in June 3050; his Point was responsible for attempting to track down terrorist activity near Sayil on Kabah, and one of his Warriors - Anja, an Elemental of the Osis bloodline, was badly injured by the terrorists and another Elemental named Hector was killed in the ambush that inflicted Anja's injuries. Epsilon Point proved vulnerable to the hemorragic fever native to Kabah, with Anja dying of a combination of her injuries and the fever; also known to have been killed by the fever was Martin, an Elemental who, like Kenneth, was from the Moon bloodline. The fifth Elemental of the Point, Rachel was serving alongside Kenneth when both were buried under tons of rock, and isn't certain if Rachel survived the ambush or not.
The Dragoons were known to employ small head-hunting units.
- Trinary Command
- First Assault Trinary
- Second Assault Trinary
- Aerospace Trinary
The Cluster is not listed as part of Beta Galaxy in 3057 and is not recorded as fighting in Operation Bull Dog in 3059.
- Invading Clans, p. 65
- Superior, Onslaught: Tales of the Clan Invasion!
- Strategic Operations, p. 90-93, "Punitive Strike"
- Invading Clans, p. 59-60 and p.68