21st Division (Word of Blake)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|21st Division (Divine Right and Justice)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Nickname||Divine Right and Justice|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 21st Division was one of the Word of Blake's "hidden" Militia units which was revealed at the opening of the Jihad conflict. During the first half of the war the unit was known to operate against the Capellan Confederation and later saw action along border of the Free Worlds League.
The unit first seen in combat in November 3069 in an assault against the Prefecture Capital of Liao in the Confederation. However, the assault failed and unit was repulsed by the Dynasty Guard and its mercenary companion force the Hell's Black Aces.
The unit was heavily damaged from the failed assault, it was not seen operational again until September 3070. The unit was partnered with 8th Division and supported by mercenary command, the Simonson’s Cutthroats in their assaulted on St. Ives. The unit was savaged by the fighting on the planet. It was forced pull back to the safety of Protectorate's space, where its believe they fled too. Intelligence agencies have cited that the unit possessed no more than 3 Level III formations left in the Division's active rooster.
The elements of the 21st were seen raiding along the Capellan-League border in late 3071. Among many raids it conducted along the border, it was noted for its devastating attack against Buenos Aires in early 3072. Where its attack include the use of virulent bio weapon which within two years killed millions of the planet's population.
Elements of the 21st reinforced the 16th Division on Terra near the Krupp Armaments Works factories in Budapest. There they tangled with the Fox's Teeth, 5th Lyran Guards, Home Guard, and 6th Army. Though tye eventually lost that conflict, the 21st did manage to escape into the Russian continent. In the Ural Mountain range the survivors of the 4th, 16th, and 21st Divisions, along with the 51st Shadow Division were ambushed by the Coalition forces. They inflicted heavy casualties, but the Blakist commands were completely destroyed.
Most of the 21st however, was stationed near Little Rock on the North American continent. There they faced off against the Coalition forces under Devlin Stone that had withdrawn from Hilton Head. The 25th Arcturan Guards, 7th Pesht Regulars, and Stone's Lament were the primary Coalition forces. These elements of the 21st would later link up with Cameron St. Jamais outside Devil's Tower. The 21st was one of fourteen seperate Militia Divisions to be destroyed on Terra in 3078.
The unit has specialized in combating House Liao forces, learning to counter Liao and its allies' tactics. However, due to its specialization the unit is sluggish when facing other nationalities. 
- 3 Level III formations
As of the Jihad Secrets, the unit exact composition was unknown for its early years. Listing in the book does not give a latin designation of what size/mix force the Division consists of.
The 21st Division gains Overrun Combat ability when facing House Liao forces. When facing the Confederation's allies Magistracy of Canopus or mercenaries in service of Liao, the 21st gains a positive initiative. However, when facing any other faction or non-Liao related force, it receives a negative initiative.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 96 - "21st Division's unit profile and brief known history".
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 109, "Breaking Krupps"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 129, "Aftermath"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 125-126
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 141 - "Rules Annex" - 21st Division's special abilities, notes the unit hatred for Liao and the Division's abilities allow for advantages to counter them or allies.