223rd Division (ComStar)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|223rd Division IV-iota|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||The Sun of Communication|
|Parent Formation||11th Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
Prior to the initial Clan Invasion the green-rated 223rd Division was known by the nickname of The Sun of Communication and assigned to the 11th Army. Then a IV-iota based formation, the 223rd's headquarters world was Tamar in the Lyran side of the Federated Commonwealth.
Along with the rest of the relatively green Eleventh Army, the Two-Hundred and Twenty-Third Division was initially assigned to defeat Clan Jade Falcon during the Battle of Tukayyid, the divisions of the Eleventh taking heavy losses but ultimately able to force the Falcons to withdraw without successfully capturing and holding either of their targets.     Once the Falcons has retreated the Eleventh Army was sent to reinforce the 9th and 10th Armies faltering defense against Clan Wolf's advance to their secondary target of Brzo.   
While the Wolves initially pulled back to secure their supply lines in the face of these fresh troops, the Eleventh Army chose to take the initiative and launched an all-out attack against the Wolves Beta Galaxy in the Pozoristu Mountains, succeeding in killing the Wolves senior Khan Garth Radick. Unfortunately though the Wolves advance did briefly falter with Radick's death, saKhan Natasha Kerensky 13th Wolf Guards kept going, forcing their way pass nine Com Guard divisions to take Brzo.   
Despite its valiant efforts against the Clans, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the heavily damaged Two-Hundred and Twenty-Third Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
- 223rd Division IV-iota The Sun of Communication 
- Unlike many of the divisions of the Eleventh Army, the 223rd is not mentioned by name in any source on the Battle of Tukayyid, appearing in that Army in 20-Year Update but not included in its post-Tukayyid roster in ComStar, its fate based on conjecture.
- 20-Year Update, pg. 71 "11 V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, pp. 58-59, "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- ComStar, pp. 70-71 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, p. 50 "Days of Armageddon - Jade Falcon"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, pp. 30-32 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- ComStar, pp. 71-72 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 50-51 "Days of Armageddon - Wolf"