22nd Rasalhague Regulars
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Twenty-second Rasalhague Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3034)|
|Nickname||"The Krushers of Kobe"|
|Parent Formation||Rasalhague Regulars|
Fourth Succession War
Gunzburg was attacked as part of the exploitation phase wave of attacks launched during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG in October and November 3028. Gunzburg was considered a secondary target; the only particular value assigned to the planet by the Lyran Commonwealth was a pair of small terraforming plants dating back to the Star League era - otherwise, Gunzburg was simply a planet with deep tropical rainforests, murky swamps and a garrison in the form of the Twenty-second Rasalhague Regulars. The battle for Gunzburg on into 3029, as the Bad Dream and Mobile Fire mercenary commands spent weeks attempting to ferret the Twenty-second out of their hiding places on the planet. The Regulars had used their extensive knowledge of the local terrain to stay ahead of the two mercenary commands and to slip away each time they came into contact.
In August 3029 the Twenty-second intercepted a communications message from Colonel Quentin Moore, commander of Mobile Fire, requesting assistance from the Bad Dream due to more than half of his command being afflicted with Birnheart's Fever, a debilitating illness common to Gunzburg. Tai-sho Tassen Sorenson, the commanding officer of the Regulars, felt that the time was right for a direct attack on the weakened mercenary command, as the communications intercept showed the Bad Dream to be three hours or more away from being able to offer assistance.
Moving to the coordinates given by Moore, the Twenty-second found the location to be a deserted camp with nothing more than a half-dozen 'Mechs present and no sign of enemy troops. As Sorenson's troops moved into the open, heat traces in the swamp revealed the presence of Mobile Fire forces as the concealed mercenary BattleMechs began emerging from the swamp to attack the Regulars at close range. Even as Moore's forces were revealing themselves the Bad Dream began to attack the Regulars from behind, and Sorenson realised that he and his troops had been deceived. Sorenson ordered the Twenty-second to surrender rather than be destroy - an embarassing defeat for the Combine - before commiting suicide, leaving Gunzburg in Lyran hands.
The command prefers open terrain when fight.
- CO: General Tassen Sorenson
- The unit contains mainly heavy 'Mechs.
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44-45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 63, "Gunzburg"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 61, "Trellshire and Tamar Theaters"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 136, "DCMS Deployment Table"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 105
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 145