236th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|236th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XLIX Corps|
The 236th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLIX Corps, Eleventh Army, to District 1 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region, and then transferred to District 2 by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising.
At the start of Operation Chieftain in July 2772 the Division was roughly at full strength.
The 236th survived the Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign, but didn't leave with General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus, instead joining the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. Recruited by the LCAF in 2782, the 236th was rebadged as the Sixth Arcturan Guards.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 143, "236th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 144, "Eleventh Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 120
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 133