- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2787)|
|23rd Heavy Assault Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||XXVII Corps, 11th Army|
The Twenty-third Heavy Assault Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Rather than accompany Aleksandr Kerensky on his Exodus in 2784, the Twenty-Third remained behind in the Inner Sphere to work as mercenaries, adopting the name of Tyson's Troublemakers, before ultimately being destroyed during the First Succession War. 
The Star League - Twenty-third Heavy Assault Regiment
Assigned to the Lyran Commonwealth-based 11th Army's XXVII Corps, the Twenty-Third Heavy Assault Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. As of 2764 Twenty-Third was posted within District 1 of the SLDF's Lyran Commonwealth Military Region, before transferring to District 2 in 2765 in the wake of the New Vandenberg Uprising. Surviving the Periphery Uprising and Operations CHEIFTAN and LIBERATION, the Twenty-Third Heavy Assault Regiment chose to remain in the Inner Sphere, joining the Federated Suns as mercenaries, adopting the new name of Tyson's Troublemakers. 
Mercenary Career - Tyson's Troublemakers
Immediately prior to the opening shots of the First Succession War, the full-strength Tyson's Troublemakers were stationed on Federated Suns/Capellan Confederation border-world Goshen. By early 2787 the Troublemakers had been shifted to the defense of Marduk near along the Federated Suns/Draconis Combine border, the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns unaware the Draconis Combine was preparing to launch a mass invasion of the Federated Suns in May of that year. As Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery troops landed on Marduk, the border-wide blitzkrieg caused utter confusion within the AFFS High Command, with inconsistent orders being issued throughout the chain of command for units to stay or withdraw, with Tyson's Troublemakers ordered to retreat off-world in an orderly fashion, allowing the Combine to capture the BattleMech manufacturing world virtually without a fight.  
While the full details of their fate are unknown, Tyson's Troublemakers were among the many units destroyed during the First Succession War. 
- First Succession War, p. 35, "Those Left Behind"
- First Succession War, p. 135 "First Succession War Deployment Table- Armed Forces of the Federated suns (AFFS) - Mercenary Combat Commands (AFFS)"
- The Star League, p. 144,"Eleventh Army"
- House Kurita, p. 54 "History - The First Succession War - The Dragon Strikes"
- First Succession War, p. 38, "The Dragon's Reckoning: The Combine-Suns Front - Barlow's Folly"