247th Division (ComStar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|247th Division IV-pi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Thoughts of War|
|Parent Formation||Ninth Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
As part of the 9th Army, during the Battle of Tukayyid the Two-Hundred and Forty-Seventh faced the fearsome threat of Clan Wolf. Initially held in reserve, the 247th and 198th Division were hurriedly added to try and bolster the Com Guards defensive line protecting the target city of Skupo. Despite superior numbers and good defensive positions, the unceasing assault ultimately wore away the ComStar defenders and line shattered after the Wolves eliminated the troublesome 278th Division, savaging divisions like the 247th as they advanced on Skupo. 
Like many divisions who faced the Wolves, the Two-Hundred and Forty-Seventh suffered extremely heavy losses, with Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht opting to reassign the survivors to bolster other divisions and disband the 247th rather than rebuild it.
|Commanding Officers of the 247th Division|
- While its fate is not explicitly mentioned, the fact it only appears in 20-Year Update and Tukayyid points its destruction and disbandment after Tukayyid.
- 20-Year Update, pg. 71 "9th V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, p. 90 "Campaign: Clan Wolf"