249th BattleMech Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|249th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2780)|
|Nickname||The Agincourt Division|
|Parent Formation||LXIII Corps|
The 249th BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the 249th was assigned as a part of the LXIII Corps, Sixth Army to District 2 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed are of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 249th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
As the Periphery Uprising approached the 249th was in an increasingly difficult position; located on Cavalor near the Periphery border of the Capellan Confederation, as of 2764 three of the 249th's five most recent supply shipments had been subject to losses from theft. SLIC was convinced that the group stealing the critical supplies and spares were acting with the benefit of Capellan intelligence, but the immediate effect was that of the 249th's various brigades, each had approximately a enough equipment for a company offline due to the missing supplies, and that this raised the real risk of the 249th taking additional casualties during any operation.
- The Star League, p. 154, "Sixth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 91, "249th BattleMech Division"
- The Star League, p. 133