24th Arcturan Guards
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|24th Arcturan Guards BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3054)|
|Nickname||The Red Indians|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
Fourth Succession War
TThe Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards were deployed alongside a sister regiment, the Twenty-fifth and the Blackhearts mercenary unit for the invasion of Basiliano in the first wave of attacks that marked the beginning of the Fourth Succession War. Basiliano was a small, water poor world made significant purely because of its location on the border between the Draconis Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth. Garrisoning Basiliano at the time were the Night Stalkers, a DCMS regiment that had acquired a degree of notoriety for their raids into the Commonwealth, and the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were keen to inflict some payback on the Night Stalkers.
Commanding the Night Stalkers was Colonel Lloyd McGavin; despite their superior numbers the Lyran forces were outclassed by the Night Stalkers, although the Lightning Companies of the Twenty-fourth and Twenty-fifth allowed the Lyran forces to keep the pressure on the Night Stalkers despite McGavin's efforts to outmaneuver the attackers. After three weeks the Night Stalkers finally ran out of room to maneuver near the city of Padua, after the Lightning Company from the Twenty-fourth managed to distract the Night Stalkers long enough for the Lightning Company from the Twenty-fifth to circle behind them. McGavin made the mistake of getting tied down with the two companies, allowing the heavier elements of the Twenty-fourth and the Blackhearts to encircle his command. With no hope of continuing to hold Basiliano, the Night Stalkers managed to escape, but only through sacrificing a company of heavier 'Mechs during their escape.
The Twenty-fourth and Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards went on to attack Hohenems in the exploitation phase that followed the first wave of attacks during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG following the order to begin the exploitation phase on the 21st of October 3028. The two RCTs were then deployed again in the final wave of Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, capturing Unzmarkt.
War of 3039
The unit was not utilized for the War of 3039 in direct combat. It was dispatched to Port Moseby where it took up garrison duties for duration of the war prior to it being redeployed back to its original garrison world of Dell.
In September 3050 during the the Clan Invasion, Clan Wolf invaded Dell Star System. Alpha Galaxy's bidded its Golden Keshik & 4th Wolf Guards take planet from the 24th Acturans. Marshal Shremp, prepared 24th Arcturans in fortifications within the planet's massive megaplex known as Cosmpololis expecting Wolves attack the the massive urban area.
However, leading the attack, Wolf Khan Ulric Kerensky had other plans. The Wolves forces stayed just out of the Arcturan's defensive positions, only attempt skirmishes with them. This drew the conflict out and created psycological pressure on them. Fed up with situation, Marshal Shremp dispatched majority of her force to attack the 4th Wolf Guards. The Arcturans entered the Mercer Valley, where they entered hidden vibrabomb minefield and precisely laid out killing zones lead to the unit destruction with few survivors.
|Commanding Officers of the 24th Arcturan Guards|
|Marshal||Grace Shremp||3050 to 3054|
24th Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
24th Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
24th Arcturan Guards RCT (Veteran/Reliable)
CO: Marshal Grace Shremp
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 47, "Basiliano"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44-45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 59, "Follow-up Invasions"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137 - "Deployment table" - Unit show moved to planet to garrison. No other information available.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 62 - "Dell" - unit description names it being a RCT instead of its original regiment status.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 62 - "Dell" - 24th Arcturans face Clan Wolf's best and die.
- Technical Readout: 3050, p. 4. The 24th are listed as a destroyed unit.
- 20 Year Update, p. 25, "Deployment Tables listing show commanding office".
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137
- Objective Raids, p. 22