24th Division (Word of Blake)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|24th Division (Heralds of Light IV-iota)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Nickname||Heralds of Light|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 24th Division first appeared in the Inner Sphere in October, 3068 in form a swift invasion of world of Menkar. The Division's surprise invasion hit world's few defenders hard. With use of weapons of mass-destruction, the planet's leaders quickly surrendered. The 24th remained on the planet for six months, setting up the world's new Menkar Protectorate Militia before departing.
In September of 3070, the unit joined the 17th Division as part of invasion of Sian. Both units were brutally damaged by Sian resistance and the arrival of Free Capellan forces, forcing a route. The understrength 24th was utilized as light raiding force while it recovered. It had recovered by 3074, where it was called up during the second invasion of the Sian. The joined forces with the 8th Division, and two of Kali Liao's cybernetic-enhanced Warriors Houses for this effort. However, in midst of the battle, Thuggee Warrior House White Tiger turned on its sister unit the Rakshasa and destroyed them. This turned the tide of the battle for Sian's defenders. The 24th and the Eighth retreated in complete disarray, and they were both were gutted by Capellan forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 24th Division|
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 96 - "24th Division's unit profile".
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Turning Points: Sian, p. 6 - "Combatants profiles" - mentions CO of unit.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142 - "Force-Specific Rules for 24th Division, mentions tactics/specialization of the unit".