24th Sian Dragoons
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|Twenty-fourth Sian Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Parent Formation||Sian Dragoons|
First Succession War
The Twenty-fourth Sian Dragoons regiment was founded by the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces in 2786, although the origins of the Twenty-fourth lay in an older command, the 189th Battle Regiment. An independent regiment within XXV Corps of the Star League Defense Force Eighth Army, the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces recruited the 189th in 2783 and redesignated them as the Twenty-fourth Sian Dragoons in 2786.
The Twenty-fourth participated in the third attempt to conquer Oriente, the capital world of the Duchy of Oriente, in 2805. The third attack used a hastily-assembled task force, and saw the Twenty-fourth deploy some of the new WSP-1L Wasps to assist with various tasks including clearing buildings in Cadiz, Oriente's capital city.
One notable officer within the Twenty-fourth was Subcommander Rico Cazador, who led a lance of Wasps from the Twenty-fourth during the third attack on Oriente. Cazador attempted to minimize civilian casualties while clearing buildings, an attitude that was effective, but which produced slower results than those of other units; as a consequence, Cazador and his lance were assigned to rearguard duties during the retreat from Oriente and were lost in action. Despite being outgunned and outnumbered, Cazador and his lancemates managed to slow pursuing forces from the Regulan Hussars and destroy three light BattleMechs and two lances of Combat Vehicles.
- Twenty-fourth Sian Dragoons (Veteran/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Twenty-fourth was a medium-weight regiment operating at just forty percent of full strength and was based on Anegasaki, alongside a sister regiment, the Twenty-fifth Sian Dragoons.
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- First Succession War, p. 156, "Notable MechWarriors"
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"