24th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Sigma Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Sigma Galaxy the Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster was raised predominantly from recruiting among the Lyran population of the Wolf Empire. Stationed on the border with the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Commonwealth, the Twenty-fourth found itself in the unenviable position of not only fighting against their ages-old enemy but also against their former countrymen from the Bolan Province.
Given Sigma's position on the anti-spinward border of the Wolf Empire it found itself struggling to obtain new equipment, including battle armor; as a consequence, as late as 3145 the Twenty-fourth was still largely reliant on tanks to do the heavy fighting, and had little choice but to rely on conventional infantry forces, although the infantry were at least equipped with improved small arms thanks to Clan technology. The loyalty of those in the Twenty-fourth to the Wolf Empire was driven largely by fear of invasion from the Free Worlds League.
Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Arthur
- - At this point in time the Twenty-fourth was stationed on Bella I and was operating at roughly two-thirds of full strength. Although the Twenty-fourth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Sigma Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Sigma Galaxy"