258th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
|258th Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Provisional Galaxy|
In the 3060's the Guards as part of Sigma Provisional Galaxy supported Alpha Galaxy against the constant raids of Clan Star Adder against York.   During 3069 several Clusters of Sigma stationed on York were moved to other holdings, presumably transferred to different Galaxies on a "Shell Game" of deceit.  It was probably during this period that the 258th Crimson Guards were transferred out of Sigma to Tau.
In 3075 the Guards dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. Their Galaxy had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries and during the ground fighting it was over run and broken by the Viper's Beta Galaxy, but was saved by a counter attack by Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra.
After the Viper annihilation the Guards were rebuilt in 3082 they were stationed with their Galaxy in the Colleen system. Here in 3083 they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at twenty five percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year had been destroyed.
- In 3059 the Commanding Officer was Star Colonel Paul, one of only two un-Bloodnamed Star Colonels in the Blood Spirit Touman.
- In 3067 the unit's Commanding Officer was Star Colonel Vik Yanez.
- As of 3075, the unit's commanding officer was Karianna Schmitt.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 36-41
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 44
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 34, "258th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 150, 151 - "Focused Aggression"