25th Arcturan Guards
|25th Arcturan Guards RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Nickname||The Kewran Wolfhounds|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
During the Clan Invasion, the 25th fought Clan Wolf on Sevren in 3051. The Twenty-fifth fought the Wolves Beta Galaxy to a standstill at first, but the Wolves were able to exploit weaknesses in the Guards' line and destroy a battalion headquarters unit. They later fought Clan Jade Falcon on Colmar. They managed to score some initial successes, but were forced to flee, evacuating civilians during the withdrawal. They were stationed on the Jade Falcon border after the Battle of Tukayyid. At this time the Wolfhounds also sponsored several commando teams to work behind the Falcon lines to foment trouble.
The Twenty-fifth largely stayed above the FedCom Civil War. Their only participation was to pin the 1st Donegal Jaegers in place to prevent them from arriving on Tharkad. They also freed political prisoners from Garvinny Prison, including Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner. They then took up station on Mkuranga.
When Clan Jade Falcon struck at the Lyran Alliance in 3069 the 25th was destroyed in the fighting, but the LAAF quickly rebuilt and back on the front lines by 3071, despite the chaos and confusion of the Jihad and the disruption to the Alliance's military infrastructure. The 25th were soon back in combat, stopping an attack by the Falcon's Delta Galaxy dead in its tracks on Great X. The 25th would continue to perform to this high standard throughout the remainder of the Jihad.
The 25th served as a part of Operation SCOUR, the allied coalition to liberate the worlds of the Word of Blake Protectorate in 3077 and 3078, and survived in good order - Myra Kellison, a Lyran journalist syndicated by INN reported that the Guards were at full strength in mid-August 3078 as the coalition forces traveled towards Terra. For the invasion of Terra the 25th made up a part of Task Force SCYTHE, the Task Force assigned to destroy the Blakist SDS command centers and eliminate the Word of Blake command and control systems. More specifically, the 25th served under the direct command of Commanding General Devlin Stone as part of a mixed brigade alongside Stone's Lament, the 3rd Free Worlds Legionnaires, the 7th Pesht Regulars, Ryuken-ni and the Ghost Legion mercenary unit, with Hilton Head as their primary target during the initial attacks. The 25th survived the battle for Terra in good order and at substantially higher strength than any of their sister regiments within the Arcturan Guards.
As the LAAF rebuilt in the wake of the Jihad, the 25th was used as a source of men and materiel from which to rebuild or reform other units within the Arcturan Guards. Giving up much for the greater good of the Alliance, elements of the 25th were reassigned firstly to reinforce other Arcturan Guards regiments, then elements of the supporting forces were removed as the 25th was converted into a Light Combat Team in the early 3080s. This was followed by some of the unit personnel being reassigned in 3083 to form both the newly-reformed 20th Arcturan Guards and the 1st Donegal Jaegers. Despite effectively being plundered as a source of manpower and supplies, the 25th continued to perform to a high standard; when a large pirate raid possibly originating from the Rim Collection hit the planet Halifax in 3084 or 3085, only half of the 25th were available to engage the pirates. Despite this, the 25th smashed the pirate assault, breaking the battalion-strength combined arms pirate force and leaving the survivors to run with more than a third of their numbers dead on the battlefield.
In 3127 the Twenty-fifth was assigned to assault Sappir. The world's ruler, Graf Otto Bendler, tried to create his own Archonette. The Twenty-fifth was the response from the Lyran government. They fought well, but the Graf was able to escape.
The command uses the fast elements to catch the opponent and circle around them to set a trap. Another tactic is use commando troopers to cut the communication and light mechs forces for rear assaults.
25th Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
25th Arcturan Guards RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Hauptmann General Gilda Felra
- CO: Marshal Rudolph Geiger
- Aide: Colonel Hans Alan Gruber
- CO: Commodore: Theo Gilyard
- 30th Interceptor Wing
- 902nd Arcturan Fighter Wing
- 2433rd Alliance Independent Wing
- CO: Leftenant General Kristoff Bonn
- Aide: Major James von Homburg
- 77th Arcturan Panzer Grenadiers Regiment: Colonel Tony Wisniewski
- 297th Arcturan Armor Regiment: Colonel Franco Doyon
- 400th Donegal Cavalry Regiment: Leftenant Colonel Marco Caccialanza
- 45th Pact Recon Regiment: Colonel Fritz Buhringer
- 25th Guards Artillery Battalion: Major Uli Leong
- CO: Leftenant General Eddie Hayden
- Aide: Leftenant Colonel Alexander Plewa
- 74th Chesterton Infantry Regiment: Colonel Heinrich Roberts
- 109th Arcturan Mechanized Infantry Regiment: Colonel Mitchell Landers
- 217th Arcturan Force Recon Regiment: Colonel: Richard Thornburg
- 10th Arcturan Rangers Regiment: Colonel Dwayne Thoma Robinson
- 588th Alliance Jump Infantry Regiment: Colonel William Clay
25th Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- Based across Alioth and Merkent, the 25th was at 70% of full strength and completely equipped with advanced equipment and materiel.
25th Arcturan Guards LCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General Randolph Geiger
25th Arcturan Aerospace (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kommandant Topi Noguerra
25th Artcuran Armor Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Gotthold Filippi
25th Arcturan Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Tim Sokoloff
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 64
- Era Report: 3052, p. 25
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 61
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 167
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 168
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 102
- Starter: Fist and Falcon, p. 7
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 10, "Arcturan Guards"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 94-95, "Roll Call"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96, "Classified: Eyes Only - Top Secret"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 98, "Arcturan Guards"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 16
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 23, "AFFC Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 61, "25th Arcturan Guards Unit Profile"
- Starter: Fist and Falcon, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- House Steinerp (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118, "Deployment Table - 3025"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 3052
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: LAAF
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Objective Raids
- Starter: Fist and Falcon
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook