25th Marik Militia
|25th Marik Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||Soldiers of Faith|
|Parent Formation||Marik Militia|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
The 25th did not fight in any major battles in this conflict.
Fourth Succession War
In October 3028 Wyatt was targeted by the Free Worlds League Military as a part of Operation DAGGER, the offensive planned by Captain-General Janos Marik to seize valuable industrial worlds in the Federation of Skye. Wyatt was a particular target of DAGGER because of the presence of two Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces line regiments, the Eleventh Lyran Guards and Seventeenth Arcturan Guards; while the Twenty-fifth Marik Militia and Fifth Regulan Hussars jumped into the Wyatt system intent on destroying both regiments, other FWLM regiments were capturing the Milton and Phecda systems in an effort to isolate the Lyran forces.
Unfortunately for the two League regiments, the two Lyran regiments had been forewarned of the attack. The Hussars arrived at a pirate point allowing them to make an immediate drop on the surface of the planet, while the Militia appeared at the zenith jump point - only to find the Eleventh Lyran Guards waiting at the jump point, with the 'Mechs embarked on transports and aerospace fighters patrolling. Before the Militia could launch fighters the Eleventh's aerospace fighters began strafing attacks, with pairs of Chippewas and Lucifers each launching a single attack before withdrawing. The cumulatative damage destroyed two Unions and a Leopard; worse still for the Militia, one of the DropShips was transporting a battalion command staff, and when it was destroyed, not only were those staff killed, but the DropShip then exploded, damaging a number of neighbouring DropShips as they seperated from their Invader-class JumpShip. With the Militia forces frantically trying to form up, the Eleventh retrieved its fighters and jumped out to the Alchiba system, while the Arcturan Guards jumped for Cor Caroli. Although the plan to destroy the two Lyran regiments was unsuccessful, the League did capture Wyatt. The losses sustained by the Twenty-fifth Marik Militia were rumored to be the result of information leaked to the Lyran Commonwealth by the Fifth, but no evidence to support this theory was ever found. The information actually came from a mole in the League intelligence service.
The 25th took extreme losses in the Cursa campaign. The regiment's surviving company was then withdrawn from the theatre and stationed on Oriente, where it spent the remainder of the war guarding supply convoys.
Prior to the Jihad the 25th Marik Militia suffered through a series of internal disputes that affected its performance. Inspectors assigned to investigate the unit discovered that this was due to the trouble the unit faced during the Andurien Secession.
During the Jihad the 25th was present for the dissolution of the Free Worlds League. After the nation dispersed, the 25th joined the Marik Commonwealth. They formed part of the Commonwealth's response to the Regulan Hussars presence on Vosloorus. After several months of low-intensity conflict, the 25th rotated out to Marik, where they remain in 3079.
The unit turned to their own individual faiths for an explanation of the period between 3079 and 3085. These beliefs led to an expanded presence of religious jewelery, iconography, and sayings appearing on both soldiers' uniforms and their equipment. In 3085 the Unfinished Book movement was introduced to the Twenty-Fifth. It has received the same acceptance of other religions in the unit.
In 3067, the 25th included a Captain Carlos Marik among its officers. The son of former Captain-General Duncan Marik, who achieved power through the assassination of Janos Marik. Carlos is considering leaving the military for politics after repeatedly being passed over for further advancement.
The unit is skilled in defensive operations, in wide range terrain.
25th Marik Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Azi Ochambo
25th Marik Militia (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Anita Webel
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Anita Webel
- XO: Lieutenant-Colonel Tim Harlin
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Lauren Chechik
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Viktor Ohopko
- Wing Commander: Commodore Anton Rodriguez
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Lee Fisher
- Troop Commander: Lieutenant-Colonel Ellen Moorhouse
- The composition is unchanged in 3067 from the previous report. Commanding officers of each unit remain were they were. 
25th Marik Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Anita Webel
25th Marik Aerospace (Wing/Green/Questionable)
- CO: Captain Jim Rothbauer
9th Stewart Light Armor (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Ellen Knepp
28th Stewart Regulars (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Oliver Davison
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 62-63, "Operation DAGGER"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 63, "Overview"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 109, "5th Regulan Hussars Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 66, "25th Marik Militia Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 149, "25th Marik Militia"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 8
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 82
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 36
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 38, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3054"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 84
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 160, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: FWLM
- Historical: Brush Wars
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Historical: War of 3039
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League