25th Rasalhague Regulars
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
|Twenty-fifth Rasalhague Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3030)|
|Parent Formation||Rasalhague Regulars|
Fourth Succession War
Having captured The Edge in the exploitation phase immediately after the first wave of Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, the major Lyran Commonwealth offensive of the Fourth Succession War, the Tenth Donegal Guards suddenly found themselves under attack when the DCMS launched a counter-offensive in December 3028 and January 3029. The DCMS deployed the Twenty-fifth Rasalhague Regulars to The Edge; while less experienced than the veterans of the Tenth Donegal Guards, the troops of the Twenty-fifth were fresh.
When the lull in major operations settled across the Lyran Commonwealth front in early 3029, the Donegal Guards had been stalemated by the Twenty-fifth a few kilometers away from Bono, the planetary capital city. With Bono being both the capital city and the industrial heart of the planet the Twenty-fifth Rasalhague Regulars had fought a stubborn campaign of resistance, leaving the Donegal Guards with secure positions south and east of the city on high ground, facing pits, trenches and large minefields that the Regulars continued to expand. Unable to push into the city without destroying it and unable to launch a flanking attack without giving up the high ground, the Guards resorted to daily artillery bombardments and waited.
In May 3029 reinforcements for the Tenth arrived, in the form of the First Lyran Regulars. Having conquered Harvest in the first wave of GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, the First had moved to Verthandi during the exploitation phase and rested and rearmed for several months. The First dropped northwest of Bono and began advancing on the city, quickly clashing with the planetary militia. The militia responded with booby traps and suicide charges that caused a breakdown in cooperation between the BattleMech and conventional elements of the First, but which were insufficient to stop the First from pushing forward through superior numbers. By mid-July, the First had reached the outskirts of Bono, giving the Tenth an opportunity to make their own attack. Coordinating their attacks, the two Lyran RCTs pressed forward, with the Tenth crossing the minefields as the First broke through the defensive fortifications ahead of them before moving into Bono's industrial park.
With a dominating victory in sight, the First Lyran Regulars 'Mech forces slipped, changing course to chase down a 'Mech company from the Twenty-fifth and leaving the Second Vulcan Mechanized Infantry Regiment exposed. The Twenty-fifth capitalised on that error, throwing forces at the Second Vulcan and using the opportunity to break for their DropShips. Even as the Twenty-fifth abandoned The Edge, a botched recognition sign between the Lyran regiments on the ground led to a blue-on-blue incident that cost them a 'Mech and twenty dead infantry, but the Commonwealth had secured The Edge.
Immediately after the Free Rasalhague Republic's During of Friedom, the Twenty-fifth Rasalhague Regulars attacked the barracks of the Second An Ting Legion. The Regular's commander had faked orders indicating that Second An Ting would attempt to to arrest the Regulars and send them to Pesht for trial. The deception was carried out to motivate fence sitters with the Twenty-fifth against the Combine and the Kanrei.
Twenty-fifth Rasalhague Regulars (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- CO: Tai-sho Uchi Tikidomo
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 59, "Follow-up Invasions"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 61, "End of the Offensive"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 68-69, "The Edge"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44-45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 105
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 136