265th Mechanized Infantry Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|265th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2766)|
|Nickname||Pride of Pittsburgh|
|Parent Formation||XLVIII Corps|
The 265th took heavy losses during the Periphery Uprising and by 2766 the Pride of Pittsburgh had been disbanded as a division. A single Regiment of the division went on to join the Periphery rebels and were destroyed in combat in 2767.
The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces recruited approximately a regiment's-worth of personnel from the remains of the 265th in 2775, and in 2784 the CCAF used those personnel as the base for forming two new regiments, the Sixth and Seventh St. Ives Lancers.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 155
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 205, "265th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133