267th Battle Cluster (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|267th Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3060)|
|Nickname||The Devil's Mist|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The 267th Battle Cluster was a front line combat unit of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Cluster was frustrated during Operation Revival, consistently outbid for attacks on the worlds of the Draconis Combine by more senior Clusters. It wasn’t until the combined Smoke Jaguar/Nova Cat assault on Luthien in 3052 that the 267th was given an opportunity for combat. 
Actual battle records of the 267th Battle Cluster are sparse for the fighting on Luthien in January 3052. However, it is reported that Sixty percent of the Cluster’s OmniMechs and Elemental Points made it back to the Jaguars’ waiting DropShips, and that they barely had time to rebuild their losses before being deployed to Tukayyid.
The unit fought on Tukayyid against the 367th Division (Spoken Ideas) in the Racice Delta as part of Beta Galaxy.  After their initial landing their advance quickly became bogged down, the swamps and march hampered their speed. The cluster came under repeated ambushes while the artillery barrage was an almost constant for three days. As the days wore on their casualty rate increased. After the death of Sarah Weaver its Command Post was overrun and the Cluster was ordered to retreat in an attempt to save as many warriors as possible.  When their command post was overrun the Cluster lost a considerable number of its technicians, killed in the fighting.
The Cluster was rebuilt after the losses on Tukayyid, however interestingly during this period several of its officers were reassigned to other units.  It was deployed to garrison the main base on Teniente by January 3054;  from here it sent out the occasional raiding Trials against the Draconis Combine. This base was a short-lived outpost on an otherwise Clan Nova Cat held world.
Their most visible action was a Trial of Possession declared for a Nova Cat Overlord-C class DropShip in 3056. In that action Trinary Assault fought with two Nova Binaries of the 100th Striker Cluster. The Warhawks and Dire Wolfs of the Assault Trinary shrugged off the BattleMechs and systematically annihilated every Elemental sent against them before the remainder fled outside the Circle of Equals. 
By 3059 the Cluster was deployed to Outer Volta. In June of the same year it was joined by the First Guards and Galaxy Commander Ward's Swath Keshik. Both units had retreated from Avon after Inner Sphere forces had attacked.
The 267th Battle Cluster dropped onto Meinacos in an effort to disrupt the SLDF advance in July 3059. The Jaguar unit faced the Eighth Dieron Regulars, the St. Ives Cheveau Legers, First Canopian Cuirassiers, and the Eleventh Alshain Avengers. Though the Clan unit fought well, they couldn't survive when the Eighth Dieron drove into the Cluster's flank in Tierra del Noche, while the Eleventh Alshain distracted them luring away portions of their command and the Canopian Cuirassiers threatened to cut off the Clan unit's retreat. Diane Perez pulled her forces back to the mountains to regroup, receiving the retreat orders they boarded their DropShips and left without another major engagement.
An Omega Trinary from the Cluster comprising mostly Star League and Clan second line Mechs was attached to Beta Galaxy Command on Outer Volta. The Clan forces had taken up a defensive position in the capital city when the 8th Sword of Light, 39th Division (ComStar) and Izanagi Warriors that landed in August 3059.. Ordered by Lincoln Osis to delay the Inner Sphere troops for as long as possible the Clan force fought a series of running battles over four days before being pushed out of the city to the Oshira foothills. Harried by flank attacks from the ComGuards and rear attacks from the Sword of Light the remnant of Beta Galaxy found themselves surrounded and destroyed. 
- Star Colonel Diane Perez 30??-3059.
- Star Captain Robert Kotare30??-3059 - Trinary Command.
- Star Captain Carol Montizima 30??-3059 - Trinary Assault.
- Star Captain Marian Showers 30??-3059 - First Trinary Battle.
- Star Captain James Hildenrath 30??-3058 - Second Trinary Battle.
- Star Captain Evan Wimmer 3058-3059 - Second Trinary Battle. 
- Star Captain Stephan Bowen 30??-3059 - Supernova Battle.
- Star Captain Samuel Levi 30??-3059 - Binary Elemental. 
- Star Captain Trent 304?-3052 - Bravo Striker Binary.
- Star Commander Roberta Kotare 30??-3059 - Bravo Battle Star, Second Trinary Battle. 
The Cluster is expert at combined arms tactics.
- Bravo Striker Binary (2 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Command
- Trinary Assault - (15 OmniMechs)
- First Trinary Battle - (15 OmniMechs)
- Binary Elemental - (50 Elementals)
- Second Trinary Battle - (15 OmniMechs)
- Supernova Battle - (15 OmniMechs, 75 Elementals)
If the Cluster deploys both 'Mech and Elemental forces they gain +2 Initiative modifier. However if they deploy only 'Mechs or only Elementals the modifier is -1 . 
The Cluster is not listed in the Smoke Jaguar order of battle in the Luthien (scenario pack)
- Era Report: 3062, p. 61
- Tukayyid, p. 33
- Exodus Road, p.18
- Invading Clans, p. 61-2
- Exodus Road, p.34 and 45
- Exodus Road, p. 36
- Objective Raids, p. 34
- Era Report: 3062, p. 61-2
- The Dragon Roars, p. 12
- The Dragon Roar, p. 24
- The Dragon Roars, p. 41-3
- The Dragon Roar, p. 44
- The Dragon Roars, p.57-9
- Shadows of War, p.52
- Era Report: 3062, p.62
- The Dragon Roars, p. 41-43
- Invading Clans, p. 70
- Exodus Road, p. 17
- Invading Clans, p. 70
- Era Report: 3062, p. 144