27th Division (Word of Blake)
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|27th Division (Shield of the Faithful IV-alpha)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3070)|
|Nickname||Shield of the Faithful|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 27th Division was a "hidden" Word of Blake Militia unit that first appeared in the early stages of the Jihad. The unit was noted for operating in the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League.
Invasion of Wei
The unit first appeared in December of 3069 in its noted assault against the Capellan world of Wei. The Division received stiff guerrilla-style resistance from the local population. Most noted chapter of the conflict there was when a UrbStryc-A nerve agent released during one of the Division's raids. It was never made clear whom set off the device, only that millions of Weians were killed as the result.
Marik Commonwealth occupation
The Word of Blake Militia command transferred the Faithful to Marik Commonwealth's world of Keystone after the exile of false Thomas Marik. It became part of the occupational/defense force to assist the 15th and 20th Divisions in their efforts to control the Free Worlds League nation.
The 27th Division are experts in hazardous environments. When the unit is operating in tainted or toxic atmospheres, all elements are considered to have environmental seal modifications. When an element receives damage from a hazardous liquid, it takes less damage.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 98 - Unit profile - 27th Division's actions in the Capellan Confederation.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 98 - 27th Division moved to Free Worlds League theater to aid in defense of the Marik Commonwealth.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 141, "Rules Annex"