282nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|282nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2780)|
|Nickname||The Denebola Division|
|Parent Formation||X Corps|
The 282nd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Denebola, assigned as a part of the X Corps, First Army, to the Terran Military Region and then transferred to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region in 2765 as part of the New Vandenberg Uprising. The 282nd suffered heavy losses in the Hegemony Campaign, and was disbanded in 2780.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 140, "First"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 41, "282nd Mechanizd Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133