287th BattleMech Division
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|287th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Tobruk Division|
|Parent Formation||XLV Corps|
The Two Hundred Eighty-seventh BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLV Corps, Eighteenth Army, to the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed are of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 287th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, but despite the fate of the 287th being regarded as unknown for several centuries after the fall of the Star League, subsequent publications released in the thirty-first and thirty-second centuries revealed that the 287th almost certainly survived the Hegemony campaign and remained in the Inner Sphere, joining Major General Lauren Hayes and the other SLDF units who chose to join ComStar in support of Jerome Blake. The 287th is believed to have formed the basis of the "mercenaries" used to create the Seventh ComStar Expeditionary Division in 2784. Following Operation SILVER SHIELD in June 2788, in which ComStar's Expeditionary Divisions seized control of Terra, the vast majority of the Expeditionary Divisions were demobilized and their equipment cached for the future, forming the basis of the later Com Guard.
- 2871st Brigade 
- 2872nd Brigade
- 2873rd Brigade
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 156, "Eighteenth"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13