28th Light Horse Regiment
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|28th Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||VII Corps|
The Twenty-eighth Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the VII Corps, Eighth Army, to District 1 of the Free Worlds League Military Region and transferred to District 2 in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The Twenty-eighth survived the Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign, to be absorbed by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery in 2784.
The Regiment had trained in micro-gravity combat.
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment the Twenty-eighth would have been composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering in addition to any regular 'Mechs within the regiment.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 108
- The Star League, p. 141, "Eighth Army"
- The Star League, p. 133