2nd Andurien Cavalry
|Second Andurien Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Barded Bards|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Cavalry|
Like its other sister regiments, the Second is a response unit design reinforce planetary militias when they end up facing forces beyond their capacities to handle. The unit nickname, the Barded Bards, was given due to their custom of singing war songs over the communications frequency during early states of deployments, until combat actually begins.
The Victoria Wa r
During the Victoria War in 3104, Duchess Evelyn Humphreys dispatched nearly entire ADF as part of invasion of the Capellan Confederation. This was a opportunity gain worlds while Confederation was being invaded by the Federated Suns. At the time, the Andurien Cavalry numbered only two regiments. While First Andurien Cavalry was send to the frontlines of the invasion, The Second itself remained behind on Claybrooke due lack of enough JumpShip assets to move regiment into the frontlines. However, their position proved to be boon to the Duchy in the aftermath as the invasion of the Confederation began to fail. They would end up facing Confederations allies' whom responded to need help in counterattacking the invasion. While could have held the world for the Duchy, they responded to Duchess's orders to withdraw to Cursa. They only suffering from 35% losses, their performance proved the brigade methods of combat were valid. The Second's peformance saved the brigade from consolidated into Andurien Rangers after the loss of the First Cavalry.
Late Dark Age
The Cavalry specialty is Long Range combat.
- CO: Colonel Alison Burns
Third Andurien Light Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Al Dodson
Seventy-first Andurien Tank Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Cindy Campos
Twelfth Andurien Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Palmer Scott
The Second Cavalry along with other in the brigade deploy lighter class BattleMechs, while its Combat Vehicles and Aerospace fighters never venture into Heaviest categories to remain with Brigade's doctrine of mobility. However, unlike other regiments Cavalry does adopt Medium-Class BattleMechs should they be salvaged in the field.
Historical Wars of the Republic Era
- While randomly rolling up units when they are Combat Vehicles and AeroSpace Fighters, replace assault class Combat Vehicles for Heavies and Heavy class AeroSpace Fighters for Mediums.
- The Cavalry gains a +2 Bonus for To-hit rolls for attacks made at long-range and extreme range. However, suffer a -1 for short range To-hit weapons and physical attacks.
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 113-114 & 117 "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force" - Unit background and other factors. Unit info mention the brigade was form just after the Rangers were formed in 3070s.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117 "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force" - Unit status and officers.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era pp. 54, 63-65, 99 - "Unit History during the Victoria War".
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era p. 99 Rulex Annex - "Special Command Ability note the 2nd Andurien Cavalry focus their tactics in long-range Combat.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era p. 99 Rulex Annex - "Special Command Ability notes the uses lighter weight combat vehicles and fighters.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era p. 99 Rulex Annex - "Special Command Ability note the 2nd Andurien Cavalry benefits for Long-Range Combat, but penalties fight close-in combat.