2nd Arcturan Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Second Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Erato Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Arcturan Guards brigade was originally founded as the Capitol Guards when the Lyran Commonwealth was founded as a nation in 2341, and the brigade changed its name to the Arcturan Guards sixty years later when the government of the Commonwealth was relocated from Arcturus to Tharkad. The Second Arcturan Guards was one of the nine founding units of the Guards, and like the other Guards units was named for a muse from ancient mythology - in this case, Erato.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Second struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Second a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
In the mid 2760s the command staff of the Second cracked down on the traditional Liezen "hazing" of new recruits. This hazing was a long-held and largely harmless practice that involved the new recruits having to serenade a ten-year veteran of the Second currently serving in the unit. While the command staff might have anticipated a certain amount of backlash from the personnel within the regiment, what caught the command staff by surprise was the animosity expressed by the locals of Liezen, who responded to the ban by throwing produce - and other less savory materials - at them.
- Second Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Second were stationed on Liezen.
- The Second Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- According to Greek mythology the Muse Erato was the Muse of lyric poetry, particularly love poetry and erotic poetry.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"