2nd Canopian Cuirassiers
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Second Canopian Cuirassiers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||United in Freedom|
|Parent Formation||Magistracy Royal Guards|
|Formed||2730s, reformed late 3020s|
The Second Canopian Cuirassiers were originally formed in the late 2730s when two battalions from the First Canopian Cuirassiers were split off and used to form the Second. The unit was created to satisfy the demand for positions in the First Cuirassiers. In 2765 the Second was stationed on Nobel.
The unit was reformed in the late 3020s by Magestrix Kyalla Centrella. The unit formed as part of preparation for Andurien Invasion of Capellan Confederation. Officially the unit's activation was cited as being part of the effort to combat pirates, but it was secretly being positioned to help launch the war that was soon to come. The unit was stationed in 3028, on capital world of Canopus IV prior to its war deployment.
For the joint invasion of the Capellan Confederation in September 3030, the unit was assigned as part of Taskforce Duo. It was partnered with the 2nd Canopian Light Horse, and Second Canopian Fusiliers as a vanguard force. Its task force was assigned to invade the world of Repulse, where the unit assisted older forces.
On planet in September 19th, Cuirassiers' task force fought Kincade's Rangers for control of the world. The task force had high confidence it could over power the Rangers. However, the Task force mates encounter heavy resistance from the Rangers. Cuirassiers only took light damage while the Light Horse took heavy damage from elements of the Rangers. The fighting continued into late October, where Cuirassiers' task force had control of majority of the planet. However, Rangers continued to resistance through guerrilla warfare tactics including attack its members of the regiments in streets of the cities. This force task force members to remain on their compounds and distrust the local residents.
Unrest with population continued during the occupation continued into 3031, where the Rangers conducted strikes in Canopian occupation regions of Repulse. The Task Force's commanders believed they were being lured into lowering their defenses. However, the in May 3031, they were surprised to find Rangers' hidden DropShips boosting from the planet to rendezvous with a Capellan JumpShip. By August, the planet became part of the Magistracy of Canopus.
Drozan & New Roland
In 3032, the Cuirassiers and rest of its Canopian Task Force had shift bases to Drozan. On planet, the Cuirassiers were preparing for the Magistracy's next thrust into the Confederation. However, On March 2nd, the Capellan Task Force consisting of the Kincade’s Rangers and Warrior House Dai Da Chi conducted a planetary assault against Drozan. The ferocity of the Capellan assault was staggering, the Cuirassiers themselves taking moderate damage. It were not for the efforts of Caesar's Cohorts, the Task force would have been worse condition. The unit had lost most of its equipment and supplies in withdrawing from the oncoming Capellan forces. The mercenaries after repulsing several assaults, withdrew from the planet believing they were doomed if they stayed. The Cuirassiers soon followed with the rest of battered Task Force Duo, and headed for New Roland to regroup.
On New Roland, Canopian forces arrived to regroup. In November 3034 the planet came under attack by CCAF forces led by Warrior House Dai Da Chi and Kamakura's Hussars invade planet. In the course of a four month campaign, 2nd Cuirassiers and its sister unit, 1st fought along other Canopian. However, effective nature of the Capellan forces broke cohesion of Cuirassiers brigade the commands began coming apart. In February of 3035, entire Magistracy combat forces on planet began to withdraw. Under the command of Emma Centrella, fragmented 2nd Cuirassiers, it sister unit and 2nd Canopian Fusiliers, fought fighting withdraw to allow Magistracy forces to leave the planet.
The unit withdrew back to its original base on Canopus VI with moderate damage inflicted on it.
As part of the Trinity Alliance agreement, several MAF units were seconded to the CCAF. The Second Canopian Cuirassiers were the first unit to serve in the Confederation. They helped with mop-up operations on Gan Singh before moving on to garrison Sarna. In 3064 they were assigned to garrison Pella II. In 3067 they had moved to Buenos Aires.
The Second remained in Capellan Confederation space during most of the Jihad. They garrisoned Canopus in 3079. They were unable to fight the Word of Blake in their homeland, but they were one of the strongest regiments available to the MAF at the time. In 3085 the Second was reassigned to garrison Detroit.
The Dark Age
By the mid-thirty-second century the Second Cuirassiers were stationed on Fanardir. The Fanadir system was strategically significant to the Magistracy, given that it was one of only three inhabited systems within a single jump of the Magistracy capital, but Fanadir itself was also growing in importance thanks to growing civilian industries. In addition to securing the system, the Second were responsible for protecting civilian industries working in fields such as electronics and rare earth mining, both of which had undergone considerable growth beginning in the mid-3130s.
In 3143 the Second were responsible for fighting off a substantial raiding force intent on raiding the main praseodymium mining facility on Fanardir; the raiding unit - which was a combined-arms battalion - was defeated, although it fought for three days in the Pierce Point Mountain Range before finally being vanquished by the Second. Footage of the battle proved very popular when aired on game worlds across the Magistracy.
The 2nd is skilled in defensive operations.
Second Canopian Cuirassiers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major Joseph Wulf
- CO: Colonel Coby Goss
- 2nd Battalion: Major Tressa Park
- 3rd Battalion: Major Albertha May
- Wing Commander: Comcapt Dean Hawk
Second Cuirassiers Armor Guard (2 Battalions/Veteran/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Major Jeremy Hasting
Second Cuirassiers Infantry Guard (Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- Infantry Commander: Major Joe Milanovich
Second Cuirassiers Light Horse (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Coby Goss
Second Cuirassiers Air Guard (2 Squadrons/Elite/Fanatical)
- Wing Commander: Comcapt Dean Hawk
Second Cuirassiers Armor Guard (2 Battalions/Veteran/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Major Sarah Tillman
Second Light Horse Infantry Guard (Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- Infantry Commander: Major Geoff DeGarmo
Second Canopian Cuirassiers (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Joseph Wulf
Second Cuirassiers Air Guard (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Humbert Sonnie
Second Cuirassiers Armor Guard (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Haruna Yamauchi)
Second Cuirassiers Infantry Guard (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Valery Somhairle
Second Canopian Cuirassiers (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Brandon Velasco
Second Cuirassiers Air Guard (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major Mozella Qualls
Second Cuirassiers Armor Guard (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Samual Acker
Second Cuirassiers Infantry Guard (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Louetta
In the original Field Manual: Periphery, the unit history (first appearance in print), show it fighting part of the Andurien War of 3030. The unit fought noted for fighting on New Roland. However, this history was superceded by the publication of Historical: Brush Wars, though still fighting on New Roland later in the conflict. Also, the unit's formation year is changed from 3030 to a date prior to 3028. The unit's deployment table shown for the has unit position in 3028 on Canopus IV.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 13
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 87 The Audurien Wars (Deployment) - Unit shown to be stationed on Canopus IV, in 3028. Changing unit's creation date from 3030, to unspecified date.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 87, "Unit's location in 3028, prior to Capellan Invasion."
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 54, Repulse
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 64, "Repulse (Ongoing to August)"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 62, "Drozan (Ongoing-August)"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 63, "Drozan (March)"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 66, "New Roland"
- Historical Brush Wars, p. 87, "Deployment Tables Andurien Wars"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 32 ""2nd Canopian Cuirassiers Unit Profile
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 143
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 201, "MAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 10
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 138
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 149
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 191, "Magistracy Royal Guards Brigade"
- 20 Year Update, p. 78, "MAF Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 47, "MAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 149, "MAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Magistracy Royal Guards"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 13, "Magistracy Royal Guards - Regimental Status"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 87, "Deployment history shows unit existed prior to Field Manual: Periphery's original formation date of 3030".