2nd Canopian Lancers
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Second Canopian Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Canopian Lancers|
The Dark Age
The Second Canopian Lancers were formed a decade later than their sister regiment, the First Canopian Lancers, although using similar principles for their organization and equipped along the same lines. Having formed up, the Second went on to garrison Betelgeuse in the Capellan Confederation; given that the nearest neighbour was the Duchy of Andurien, which was on generally friendly terms with both the Confederation and the Magistracy of Canopus at the time, the Second saw relatively little combat during their time on the world.
Following the Capellan invasion of the Republic of the Sphere the Confederation made a request to the Magistracy Armed Forces to have the Second redeployed to the former Republic world of Styk. Styk was important strategically and the site of the Tao 'Mechworks facilities, but was a generally quiet world, and the Second deployed there; the Republic Armed Forces launched a number of counterattacks to try and recapture Styk, but the equipment losses the Second took defending the world were replaced directly by Tao 'Mechworks, allowing the Second to remain in good shape.
Second Canopian Lancers (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Carol Jacoby
- - At this point in time the Second were still stationed on Styk and were operating at eighty percent of full strength.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 192, "First Canopian Lancers"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Canopian Lancers"