2nd Ceti Hussars
|2nd Ceti Hussars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||Three of Diamonds|
|Parent Formation||Ceti Hussars|
The Second Ceti Hussars were formed by combining the SLDF's Eighth Striker and 1894th Light Horse regiments. The unit was best known for its assault of Tikonov during the Second Succession War - known for failure. The Second wasn't equipped or trained to engage in a siege, and this lack prevented the capture of Tikonov. In every other aspect of the operation, however, the Ceti Hussars were highly successful.
As of 3025, the Second Ceti Hussars RCT was based on Verde.  As of that year, they were still recovering from heavy fighting during a raid on Scheat, and it was contemplated they would be moved back from the front. 
Fourth Succession War
War of 3039
The Second Ceti Hussars remained aloof from most of the fighting until they were personally asked by George Hasek to assist Allied operations. They secured Teygeta, and then joined Field Marshal Ardan Sortek's drive to New Avalon. The Second took heavy losses but rebuilt from salvaged units. They then returned to the Capellan March, where they were sent to watch the Pleiades Cluster and destroy the Pleiades Hussars.
During the Jihad the Second Ceti Hussars were stationed on the Taurian Concordat/Federated Suns border. There they fought the invading Taurian forces for years until they left the Pleides Cluster. The AFFS High Command ordered the survivors to rotate to New Hessen, where the Second received the survivors of the 1st Ceti Hussars and 3rd Ceti Hussars. With these survivors the Second quickly rebuilt their combat strength.
After rebuilding the Second participated in Operation MATADOR. They landed on Althea's Choice where they (along with the newly built 3rd Ceti Hussars) destroyed the Red Chasseurs Second Battalion. They then attacked Cyrton, forcing the militia unit to surrender. In 3085 the Second was understrength, fielding only two combat commands instead of the traditional three. They were stationed on Organo.
The Hussars wait patiently for their enemy to make their opening moves, then reacts to them. The unit's officers are well informed and use every enemy failure to their own advantage. 
In 3085 the Hussars lacked their full complement of BattleMechs, and so they developed strategies that allowed them to use one or two Mechs as fire support for their large battle armor and conventional armor formations.
2nd Ceti Hussars RCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Alan Cline
2nd Ceti Hussars RCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Hauptmann General Oscar Carlson
- CO: Hauptmann General Sebastian Jones
- Aide: Leftenant General Dennis Maloy
- Equiped with slow heavy armor
- CO: Kommandant Mary Rothe
Combat Command Bravo (2 Regiments/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Hauptmann General Marquis de Lafayette
- Aide: Leftenant General Edward James Niemi
Combat Command Charlie (3 Regiments/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Christian Peterson
- Aide: Leftenant General Dominic Raabe
- CO: Kommandant Quint Rabideaux
- The 2nd fields twenty-four light caliber tubes, and six Arrow IV platforms
2nd Ceti Hussars RCT (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: General Oscar Carlson
2nd Ceti Hussars Aerospace Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Mary Rothe
2nd Ceti Hussars Combat Command Alpha (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Dennis Malloy
2nd Ceti Hussars Combat Command Bravo (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Major General Marquis de Lafayette
2nd Ceti Hussars Combat Command Charlie (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Fara Green-Petain
2nd Ceti Hussars LCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: General Christian Peterson
2nd Ceti Hussars Aerospace Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Dewey Samson
2nd Ceti Hussars Combat Command Alpha (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Major General Karam Furnadjiev
2nd Ceti Hussars Combat Command Beta (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Yi Wetzel
2nd Ceti Hussars Combat Command Charlie (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Svarog Kunkel
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 64, "2nd Ceti Hussars Unit Profile"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns) p. 137
- House Davion (The Federated Suns) p. 143
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 135
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 127
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 10
- Field Manual: 3085, pp. 54, 58
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 58
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 73, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3085"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns) p. 137, "Federated Suns Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 21, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 15, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 138, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 136