2nd Chesterton Voltigeurs
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|2nd Chesterton Voltigeurs|
|Unit Profile (as of 3029)|
|Parent Formation||Chesterton Reserves|
The 2nd Chesterton Voltigeurs was formed around 2890 along with their two companion regiments from old soldiers of various Chesterton worlds then under the control of the Federated Suns. The unit did not distinguish itself particularly over the ensuing years and was eventually destroyed on Tikonov during Operation Riposte.
Second Succession War
In 2832 to 2833 the Voltigeurs went up against the Avalon Hussars during the defense of Tikonov and suffered heavy losses. In 2850 the unit attempted to raid a supply depot on Axton losing several 'Mechs and gaining little.
Third Succession War
Their best showing came while defended Tikonov in 2987 where they captured several Davion 'Mechs. After short tour on Westerhand the 2nd returned to Tikonov and to be used as a quick reaction force. 
Fourth Succession War
Defense of Tikonov
During the second wave of the attack on the Capellan Front the Voltigeurs defended the city of Ulan. There, apparently in defiance of orders, they exited the city and fought the 4th Crucis Lancers in the vast jungle surrounding the town. They lost both the city and their second and third battalions to the invading force.
Attack of New Aragon
The Voltigeurs dropped south of Fort Ellison on New Aragon hoping to take what was thought to be a lightly defended fort and the warehouses it protected. They were met by the 1st Aragon Borderers who used ambush to make up for their inferior force. The Voltigeurs got within sight of their objective but last minute air assaults prevented them from reaching it. The Borderers regrouped and drove the Voltigeurs back to their rendezvous point but space assaults destroyed the DropShip support and the unit surrendered.
- CO: Colonel Paula Brighton Lannes
- 1st Battalion – CO: Major Duncan Bleak
- 2nd Battalion - CO: Major Pamela Cochraine
- 3rd Battalion - CO: Major Ursula Inares
A mounted kettle drummer against a red field.
- House Liao – The Capellan Confederation, p. 83, "History"
- NAIS 4th Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 30, "Other Actions on Tikonov"
- NAIS 4th Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 98, "New Aragon"