2nd Falcon Velites (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|2nd Falcon Velites|
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
|Nickname||The Falcon's Shield|
|Parent Formation||Sigma Galaxy|
The Wars of Reaving
In February 3069 the Second launched a Trial to gain possession of the petroleum farm and silver mines near Contock on Marshall from Clan Steel Viper. A flank attack by the Fifth Rattle caught the Second totally by surprise and inflicted heavy casualties allowing the Vipers to win the Trial. 
Later that year the Velites issued a batchall for the Viper Holdings on Marshall, this time bidding their entire force. Galaxy Commander Zalman bid the Viper Fusiliers in response. The Fusiliers were outnumbered and the battle was fierce. Fusiliers' Star Colonel Allen Dumont killed Star Colonel Dien at which point the Velites the Falcons broke their bid and called in artillery strikes that decimated the Fusiliers, leaving only a mixed Trinary of 'Mechs and Elementals to claim hegira and retreat from the planet.
In November 3069 The Vipers Beta Galaxy returned to Marshall. Declaring the Falcons Dezgra they landed five Clusters on planet and destroyed the Velites to the last warrior.
The Cluster were not noted for any specific tactics.
Second Falcon Velites - Regular/Reliable 
- 5 Binaries
Second Falcon Velites - Elite/Fanatical 
- 90% full strength with 100% of the force equipped with OmniMechs
The Cluster gains a +1 initiative bonus when fighting Clan Wolf and may force the initiative.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 108, "2nd Falcon Velites Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 155
- Field Manual: Update, p. 73
- Wars of Reaving, p. 41
- Wars of Reaving, p. 47
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 179