2nd Fronc Cuirassiers
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|2nd Fronc Cuirassiers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Fronc Reaches Sentinels|
Formed on Spencer after the Bloody Tricentennial attacks, the Second Fronc Cuirassiers were founded to increase the number of defensive units available to the Fronc Reaches. Unlike the First Cuirassiers, the Second had several officers who had visited the Filtvelt Coalition and graduated from the Filtvelt Academy. These officers were highly skilled in the anti-pirate tactics that had worked for the Filtvelt Coalition, but lacked the 'Mechs to put them into practice. However, the unit had two vehicles for every 'Mech, which was hoped to offset the lack of 'Mechs.
During the Dark Age the Second Cuirassiers divided its non-BattleMech forces into small, independent units that could operate alone for extended periods of time; the only formation to be kept intact were the BattleMech forces, which were then used as a hammer to break Mech-centric formations of hostile forces attacking or raiding the worlds the Second were deployed across.
As a defensive force in the Fronc Reaches, the Second Cuirassiers are (nominally) able to repulse the fast raids favored by pirates. In 3085, however, their lack of experience makes them more dangerous to themselves than to raiders.
Second Fronc Cuirassiers (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Kenny Hintzen
- CO: Air Master Colm Quincy
Second Fronc Armor (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Zuzen Van Haenraets
Second Fronc Infantry (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Masoud Schlimme
Second Fronc Cuirassiers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Diana Barnes
- CO: Air Master Eric Holland
Second Fronc Armor (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Nettie Wells
Second Fronc Infantry (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Meghan Jacobs
At this point in time the Second were deployed across Herotitus and Rockwellawan. The Second was close to full strength - the Air Wing was operating at eighty-five percent of full strength, and the BattleMech and armour regiments at ninety-percent of full strength - but the infantry regiment was actually overstrength, operating at one hundred and five percent of normal strength.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 147
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 152, "Lesser Periphery Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 199, "Fronc Reaches"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 203, "Fronc Reaches"